Eriksen stomach injury may be 'chronic' | Vital Football

Eriksen stomach injury may be 'chronic'

spurdon

Vital Football Legend
The 26-year-old featured in Spurs' first six league matches, but has not played since 22 September.

Eriksen, given a chance to prove his fitness for Denmark's forthcoming matches, is unlikely to feature against the Republic of Ireland on 13 October.

"Such an injury can be chronic, and it is true that Tottenham also fears that," Hareide told Denmark's Canal 9.

"It is doubtful whether we will lure him to Dublin and make him play. I do not think that Tottenham is particularly interested in that."

Asked whether Eriksen would be missing for weeks or months, he added: "I do not really know. You should ask our doctor."

Bbc football

This is a new worrying development.

Well if it is chronic it's a good 4-6 weeks of doing nothing at all, and then followed by careful rehab, or it's an op and the same applies - either way, if confirmed he could be out for up to 3 months....

That is a major setback to our season. Goals, assists and set pieces plus tempo setter. What are our options ? Obviously Lamela and Moura will play more. Winks could play further forward I guess. Skipp has been on the bench two games in a row now and could be tried in MF behind Winks perhaps. Marsh is also on the fringe. These 3 are forward thinking players all highly regarded. Maybe a dark cloud could have a silver lining by forcing Poch to try them out.

We need to buy in Jan. I also wonder what this will mean for his unsigned contract. His extension is starting to look like the the next big cluster fuck

We need to buy in Jan. I also wonder what this will mean for his unsigned contract. His extension is starting to look like the the next big cluster fuck
Grealish is an obvious option for Eriksen , in hindsight maybe Poch will now think he should have signed him ? He is not in Eriksens league yet but not many in the world are !!

Grealish is an obvious option for Eriksen , in hindsight maybe Poch will now think he should have signed him ? He is not in Eriksens league yet but not many in the world are !!

All of a sudden, Grealish and his advisors may also be questioning the decisions they made and how they made them. Greed is never a good attribute to display before you join a new club.

If he was with us now, he might have had his shot at the big time.

All of a sudden, Grealish and his advisors may also be questioning the decisions they made and how they made them. Greed is never a good attribute to display before you join a new club.

If he was with us now, he might have had his shot at the big time.

12 games, no goals and one assist in the 2nd tier doesn't make great reading for a team that setup to make Grealish the luxury player. Haven't seen much Championship this season, but he looked OK in the one game I watched early season.

Doing better than Josh though. Last time I looked he had only featured for Shef Weds in the EFL cup.

What's concerning is that it is Kane that seems to be dropping in and playing the Teddy role. Most of the commentators seem to think that's to accommodate Son and Moura in the same line-up. I think it's as much to do with Eriksen's and Dele's absence.

This news regarding Christian is absolutely terrible. He is key when creating chances and always has the chance of a goal in him from anywhere in the attacking half.

Just as well we have so much depth :)

Get well my son....we miss and need you.

Wouldn't jump the gun. I'm fairly reliably informed this is slightly misinterpreted.

He said that it's too soon to call him up as Spurs wouldn't be happy. I think he meant we don't want him to aggravate the injury and potentially cause it to become chronic rather than it already is.

Eriksen’s agent, Martin Schoots, told Standard Sport that Hareide’s comments had been lost in translation: “Some international media have translated Hareide’s words badly.

“Christian has no chronic injuries — nobody has said that. He just has an injury related to some fatigue and, for that reason, he is having some rest. That is normal because otherwise it would not heal.

“Somebody has not translated well. Christian is doing everything to be back as soon as possible.”

Eriksen’s agent, Martin Schoots, told Standard Sport that Hareide’s comments had been lost in translation: “Some international media have translated Hareide’s words badly.

“Christian has no chronic injuries — nobody has said that. He just has an injury related to some fatigue and, for that reason, he is having some rest. That is normal because otherwise it would not heal.

“Somebody has not translated well. Christian is doing everything to be back as soon as possible.”

I'm glad he cleared that up. Oh wait......"an injury related to some fatigue" - also as clear as mud !!!

That is a major setback to our season. Goals, assists and set pieces plus tempo setter. What are our options ? Obviously Lamela and Moura will play more. Winks could play further forward I guess. Skipp has been on the bench two games in a row now and could be tried in MF behind Winks perhaps. Marsh is also on the fringe. These 3 are forward thinking players all highly regarded. Maybe a dark cloud could have a silver lining by forcing Poch to try them out.

I think a player so blessed should be scoring more regularly and have better delivery from set pieces, particularly corners. I don't think any of the alternatives are quite in Eriksen's bracket, and if he is absent for a prolonged period we need to get a replacement in the window who can replicate what he does at a similar or better level. This would also give Eriksen competition when he returns, as his form hasn't been quite up to scratch to guarantee an immediate place.