Eriksen says it's Bullshit!! | Vital Football

Eriksen says it's Bullshit!!

Spursex

Alert Team
“It’s bull****” – Tottenham player responds to criticism after recent poor form in PL

By Naveen Ullal -

19th March 2019
Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane suffered an injury against Manchester United in January and in his absence, his side went on to win all their fixtures in the Premier League.

Since the striker returned to action against Burnley in February, the north London club are yet to win a league fixture, suffering three defeats in the past four matches.

This has put Spurs out of the title race and they’re third in the table with 61 points, four points ahead of sixth placed Chelsea. Arsenal and Manchester United are one and three points behind Tottenham in fourth and fifth place respectively.

There have been suggestions in England the squad at Mauricio Pochettino’s disposal is ‘too narrow’, which is why some of their key players are struggling with fatigue.

However, Christian Eriksen is not ready to have any of these excuses for his side’s recent poor form in the league.

“It’s bull****. You get used to playing so much. After all, I’ve played many games for quite a few seasons in a row. Rather, it feels unnatural when you’re not playing,” the former Ajax man was quoted as saying by Danish outlet BT.

“The legs are doing well. We didn’t play at the weekend, and it’s been a long time since we haven’t had matches every third or fourth day. It is nice and a little strange. I’m actually a little restless because I want to play.”

: “A few months ago, there was also a sudden chaos. Then we won a couple of games, and then we were in heaven again. That’s how it happens in the Premier League.”
“There is actually a nice atmosphere. Of course, we would have liked to win the matches, but we played okay. In the period when it went well, we might have won in injury time. It is small margins that are involved.”

My perception is his game has taken a hit. His corners have not been good, his passing is off. But maybe it's one instance where we need stats to back up the perception....anyone ?

Despite giving 6 seasons to our club, it didn't really matter what he said. He would always end up as the bad guy based on his current form and contract status. As unfair as that may seem, that comes with the territory of being a footballer.

I bet he's just looking forward to playing further upfield in the international side. I'm hoping he'll get assists and goals and prove to Poch that we need him moved back to his old position in our setup.

He should have made an excuse for being shit!

Now it just proves he don't care

Of course he cares; it's just that the call of medals and big big bucks is always the deciding factor when a player makes the top drawer category....

But Sun, Sea, easier week in week out football and bucket loads of dosh are hard to turn down!

Of course he cares; it's just that the call of medals and big big bucks is always the deciding factor when a player makes the top drawer category....

But Sun, Sea, easier week in week out football and bucket loads of dosh are hard to turn down!

I don't blame any of our current stars for leaving or wanting to leave but at least give it their all while they are still here, doesn't look like he's trying anymore.

I don't blame any of our current stars for leaving or wanting to leave but at least give it their all while they are still here, doesn't look like he's trying anymore.

Always a fair comment.

I just wish Poch would sort out the Eriksen (deep-lying) / Sissoko (right channel) tactical setup we find ourselves stuck with. Eriksen's game was based on running marathons to find pockets of space to influence assists and goals. His best football was based on a free role, not stuck in centre mid to accommodate Sissoko's runs up the right channel and covering the left back area. Also proves what a maestro Dembele was enabling his team mates, and how important Dele's intelligent running is to the side.

A quick glance at Eriksens stats compared to last season shows goals of 5 and 9 assists in 27 games in the PL. The goal count looks down on the previous season when he played 37 games and scored 10 but that will improve I hope , season before 15 assists and 10 goals.
Again his assist stats look dodgy but may finish ok.

I would actually love to see the heat maps of where him and others are playing this season. I still put more emphasis on that and Eriksen's physical state versus his mental state based on his contract.

Memory is the back up of what our eyes see, stats if they are accurate, should reflect that.

Some of us think Eriksen is in a dip, but he is that good it's difficult to swallow. I need proof , remembering what he was and is now suggests he is struggling. Free kicks, corners, passing, shooting may all be down. My eye and memory needs proof. We are not all so sharp minded as some.