Eriksen: not at Barca or RM's required level....? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Eriksen: not at Barca or RM's required level....?

He gave up the chance of winning something with us when he chose to hide, during the biggest club game in Europe a few months ago. Not the smartest of moves, when he’s seeking a transfer to clubs who seek winners, with the right mentality, to regularly participate in that competition.

Yawn.

What was he doing before?

Transforming the club into a consistent top 4 contender and giving us the most amazing CL run in the process; something we haven't even been near in it's history.

It's why we can now buy / target players like Lo Celso and N'dombele. It's why we got Sanchez and Lucas...

Should I go on?

Personally, I hated being seen as a 'Cup' team (at best) - winning is important fro now on, which is why Poch has said it.

Seriously, surely you must understand and see all this now Kiny??

Transforming the club into a consistent top 4 contender and giving us the most amazing CL run in the process; something we haven't even been near in it's history.

It's why we can now buy / target players like Lo Celso and N'dombele. It's why we got Sanchez and Lucas...

Should I go on?

Personally, I hated being seen as a 'Cup' team (at best) - winning is important fro now on, which is why Poch has said it.

Seriously, surely you must understand and see all this now Kiny??

Of course

But to claim he has somehow switched on to be targeting to winning something is weird and not something I get.

I guess it would explain his FA cup semi selections ha!

What was he doing before?

Up until now Poch has been concentrating on top 4 IMO . He has not to my knowledge said that we should or need to win a title. The project was to develop the team to a level befitting the new stadium by achieving CL regularly. What was he doing ? Working within financial constraints to achieve an unrealistic target, but he did it.

Up until now Poch has been concentrating on top 4 IMO . He has not to my knowledge said that we should or need to win a title. The project was to develop the team to a level befitting the new stadium by achieving CL regularly. What was he doing ? Working within financial constraints to achieve an unrealistic target, but he did it.

I didn't read or feed off Ex's post, I didn't see it. As Mike Yarwood used to say ....This is me.

The manager
If I misinterpreted and thought the Who ? was Eriksen . Before he was younger, keener, less cynical perhaps? Potentially now he could be more focused on himself due to his age , earnings and lack of medals . Plus the realisation Levy didn't really give him much chance of the above.

He was delivering to the mandate set by Levy and Lewis, and if they won something along the way, great. Now the next step is to go win something.