Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been great in the prem and perhaps we wouldn't be higher on the table if he was fit (though I'd wager we'd have a few more points on the board) but for squad depth and European performances I think he'd have made a big difference.

I think we'd have made it out of the CL group or at least still be in Europa if Lamela was an option so we have definitely missed him

freundorfoe - 12/3/2017 10:51

We've been great in the prem and perhaps we wouldn't be higher on the table if he was fit (though I'd wager we'd have a few more points on the board) but for squad depth and European performances I think he'd have made a big difference.

I think we'd have made it out of the CL group or at least still be in Europa if Lamela was an option so we have definitely missed him

You need to take that Lamela paper bag off over your head and review what actually took place within 15 mins of our 2017 CL campaign. You're useless idol stole the show!

For somebody to even utter the words third rate about one of our first team players says an awful lot about them rather than the player that's under the spotlight.

Nick Real Deal - 12/3/2017 10:13

If playing with Wanyama who is a DM , Dembele is an AM. Dembele was also tried as an ARM for a few games and did well until one very poor game he got the hook.

Dembele runs forward with the ball for sure in an attacking movement but it often comes to nothing which is my main gripe with him. I think it's agreed he should score and assist more where he plays.

Lamela has broken away from the CM position through the middle and looked very dangerous. His thru balls are better than Dembele, he has a quicker brain.

My comparison with Dembele was in response to the notion Lamela was our worst first team player. Lamela can play all across the front line and often does. Alli is worth 100 mil, that just leaves Eriksen who is also highly rated to compare him with . Lamela is better than Eriksen in some aspects. To have Lamela as his back up or to work in unison with is an enviable position.

Dembele played the RAM role early last season then got injured. He then played the AM position for a while. Until October/November time. To be fair to him he did well there. He has the ability to at least keep possession in the final third of the pitch even if he doesn't have many assists. He bullies defenders as well. Then Alli moved to the AM position and moose went back to his CM position. Next to Dier who was the DM.

This season Moose has not played as AM. He has played as a CM. Poch likes to play with a DM and a CM who is more defensive. So he has not played as a AM. Moose dribbling with the ball is just a skill set he has. Doesn't make him an attacking AM. Like Jan he has that ability to run with the ball doesn't make him an AM. People expecting him to score and have more assists is just people not understanding his role and strength's. He has never had the ability at the highest level to score many or be an assist machine so why start expecting that now?

Lamela has better vision than moose no question about it but they are two completely different players.

As for worst player in our first 11? You should see what our players say about moose. Many think he is our best player and last season was easily one of our top 5 players.

Having said all that I do think we should sell Moose this summer. Get what we can and bring in a CM who is a proven tempo setter. Let Winks develop alongside that player.

I'm beginning to think this whole thread is redundant and that Ex was right.
We've seen the last of Lamela in a Spurs shirt.

steveperryman - 12/3/2017 16:07

Well you'll have to ask Richmond about that, only he seems to think that of certain players.

I think that of players who fit that tag, Lamela and Paulinho immediately come to mind. Shocking waste of money.

Big Chiv - 12/3/2017 21:34

I'm beginning to think this whole thread is redundant and that Ex was right.
We've seen the last of Lamela in a Spurs shirt.

I could still be wrong; efforts could still be (or maybe have?) made to repair the issues, but as of now I don't think they'll succeed, his Father is a huge influence over him, and that may not be entirely in our interests.

ScottDaYid - 6/9/2017 10:58

Ricky VIlla has come out today and said he thinks Lamela may never play again! :10:

That's a tragedy if true, but it explains alot, it's been whispered for sometime.

I hope that isn't the case for numerous reasons. But this was a reason why we so badly needed another AM brought in.

Real Deal - 6/9/2017 12:18

I hope that isn't the case for numerous reasons. But this was a reason why we so badly needed another AM brought in.

Now he's spoken out, I hope this finally puts to rest the nonsense some were implying/spreading about a drugs related issue.

I said from early on that he looked to me that he had a biomechanical issue - seems I was right.

Taricco the yid - 6/9/2017 12:44

Would be a shame. No matter what people think of him as a player he always gave 100%.

Made a call this afternoon and asked a direct question to someone who I think is closer to the situation than most; his opinion is the club still believe he'll make a full recovery and they expect him to play again, could be him just repeating the party line - but he's not know for doing that.

But of course with mechanical issues, it can change in minutes/days.

I picked up from Ricky's comment that it was his opinion with no evidence to support it. Of course with such a condition we all recognise that it is not a given he will make it back.

I picked up from Ricky's comment that it was his opinion with no evidence to support it. Of course with such a condition we all recognise that it is not a given he will make it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.