Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you needed more proof we need to get rid its today.

A back up that isnt fit when the back up is needed

If he was a better player his absence would be felt, we played without him for a whole season and finished second, he wasn’t missed. His absence due to injury is secondary. Lamela is unfit again so what.

It must be those skinny jeans he minces about town in. They must squash up his bollocks which in turn messes with his hips, pelvis and back.
He wants to get some Jacomo trousers for fatties. Sort him right out.

What did Lamela do last night to draw cheers and applause from the stands ? What did he provide ?

20 mins of attacking effort and energy - he did what he does best, a short cameo from the bench, that leaves you thinking wishfully that if only he could show that energy and drive (even if the quality is not quite there) from the start of a game.

But the mystery remains, why extend a players deal who simply can't be relied upon. Tough on him and his fight with all his injuries, but we're not a charity.

I still want him gone and replaced with a quality player we can rely on - the talk is he's going to be let free in the summer, which is what we should have done instead of renewing his deal.

Impetus. He battled, he added drive and in no little way he started to take back areas of midfield that the opposition had controlled for huge amounts of the game. Ndombele made the huge swathes through the midfield but Lamela gave them plenty to worry about.

Look I have given up on him too. We cannot simply ever rely on him. But I support every player who puts in a shift for spurs and he put in a shift for us, better than most last night.

After they had three chances in the first 60seconds I would happily have taken 1-0 with 20mins to go and us on the front foot. Unfortunately it didn’t pay off but we could easily have come out of that game at 1-1

Edit as ex beat me too it

Impetus. He battled, he added drive and in no little way he started to take back areas of midfield that the opposition had controlled for huge amounts of the game. Ndombele made the huge swathes through the midfield but Lamela gave them plenty to worry about.

Look I have given up on him too. We cannot simply ever rely on him. But I support every player who puts in a shift for spurs and he put in a shift for us, better than most last night.

After they had three chances in the first 60seconds I would happily have taken 1-0 with 20mins to go and us on the front foot. Unfortunately it didn’t pay off but we could easily have come out of that game at 1-1

Edit as ex beat me too it

Lamela could play as N'Dombele literally completely changed the dynamic in Centre midfield for everyone; when we can finally get 90 mins consistently out of him (unless he too has something else going on) we will be a totally different team.

The ease with which he goes past/through players, his eye for a pass his ability to recieve the ball in tight space and on the half turn is incredible.

He has to start against them in the return leg. Hell< i think he and loCo could win it on their own. LOL!

Totally agree about N’Dombele. I would argue that N’Dombele benefitted as much though. Lamela coming on meant Davis had a proper out ball and if they lost it, they didn’t spend 5mins getting it back. I bet RB L’s mistake percentage was much higher the minute these two came on because they upped the press.

Again, I don’t see lamela as a spurs player in the future but he did a pretty good job last night for once.

At the moment both Lamela and Ndombele can only play limited minutes for different reasons but Lamela will probably increase those minutes as he did when Jose first joined us. Something is holding Ndombeles conditioning back.

At the moment both Lamela and Ndombele can only play limited minutes for different reasons but Lamela will probably increase those minutes as he did when Jose first joined us. Something is holding Ndombeles conditioning back.

I think there is a case for starting Ndombele and trying to get 60-70 mins out of him. However, you have to balance that with the state Winksy might be in the latter part of Saturday's game. Also, were there any further muscular issues with Gio?

Ultimately, I'd like to see the trio of Ndombele, Gio and Winks working together. You never know, that might suddenly unlock Dele who seemed to play his best football with Eriksen and Dembele.

Lamela's been a massive let down over the years, but on the rare occasions he's been fit over the last couple of seasons, he's usually played pretty well. Trouble is it never lasts. Best however to take advantage at such time that he has some sort of match fitness. With Kane and Son out, Moura no doubt knackered and not suited to the primary striker role in a any case, I'd really like to see Lamela used as a false nine. I remember him playing that role in a season ending game against Leicester a while back, and still recall it as his best Premiership performance for us, on the day he was a real threat. A bit too left field for Jose though I would think.

I think there is a case for starting Ndombele and trying to get 60-70 mins out of him. However, you have to balance that with the state Winksy might be in the latter part of Saturday's game. Also, were there any further muscular issues with Gio?

Ultimately, I'd like to see the trio of Ndombele, Gio and Winks working together. You never know, that might suddenly unlock Dele who seemed to play his best football with Eriksen and Dembele.

What has Dele done to warrant the nod over other players to play with Gio, N'dom and Winks? He hasn't been good enough for over two seasons, and I don't see that changing much with his range of deficiencies. He needs to go back to the drawing board, work on his game and earn the right.

He started against Norwich and was completely done after 30 minutes.

He started against Norwich and was completely done after 30 minutes.

Thought it was the FA Cup replay against Saints, but do remember him blowing hard after 20 mins in a more advanced role.

He's had just over 2 weeks including the winter break to get his fitness levels up. I would think that Chelsea is too soon for him to start. Have a feeling Dier will though.

Thought it was the FA Cup replay against Saints, but do remember him blowing hard after 20 mins in a more advanced role.

He's had just over 2 weeks including the winter break to get his fitness levels up. I would think that Chelsea is too soon for him to start. Have a feeling Dier will though.

You are spot on, Predicting the FA cup game in the future!

Southampton is was.,

But if you remember the Norwich away game over Christmas he played the full 90 minutes. And was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Now he may or may not have aggravated his injury that day but there was nothing wrong with his stamina.

His stamina issue is a real head scratcher.

But if you remember the Norwich away game over Christmas he played the full 90 minutes. And was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Now he may or may not have aggravated his injury that day but there was nothing wrong with his stamina.

His stamina issue is a real head scratcher.

Does he perhaps have that languid style like Waddle used to? He is perhaps not as knackered as he looks.

It was Ndombeles birthday that day against Norwich. Maybe he plays 90 minutes once a year. Seriously though, he rated a 5 in that game although he was awarded a 10 by a rose tinter. We scraped a 2 all draw with a pen from Kane 7 minutes from time and Eriksen scored .

Status
Not open for further replies.