Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure would be nice if we had players with Lamela's drive, passion, heart, energy, and simply all around 'give a shit'!

Yes his body has let him down...but there is always a place on my team for a hard worker that gives his all when he hits the pitch...does our colors pround.

Yes there are better out there...but I don't see them flocking to our doorstep any time soon.

In the meantime this kid does what he does best...keeps us afloat when the rest of the team falls to shambles and is one hell of a 'impact sub' when our overrated starters can't get the job done.

Would be shame to sell him when we still have the likes of consistent underperforming, pouting when shit doesn't go their way, prima fucking donnas like Dele and Eriksen...gracing our pitch.

Keep please!

Starts in the PL looked utter tripe for nigh on 90% of the game' surely someone must be desperate enough to take him.

I am now convinced that Jose is making supporting noises about him just to talk him up and get him off our books.

Be happy with that as long as we replace him with quality...though to be fair in my opinion we bigger problems to replace first. (Lamela still is a good sub...and we will need a deep bench)

Starts in the PL looked utter tripe for nigh on 90% of the game' surely someone must be desperate enough to take him.

I am now convinced that Jose is making supporting noises about him just to talk him up and get him off our books.
Be happy with that as long as we replace him with quality...though to be fair in my opinion we bigger problems to replace first. (Lamela still is a good sub...and we will need a deep bench)

To my surprise Ex It took you a bit of time, but you're finally coming round to seeing him for what he is. If what you say about Jose is correct, I take my hat off to him; he is nearly as quick as I am at identifying tripe.
USAF, how many years now have we suffered, the missed opportunities for not having that quality player here already.

To my surprise Ex It took you a bit of time, but you're finally coming round to seeing him for what he is. If what you say about Jose is correct, I take my hat off to him; he is nearly as quick as I am at identifying tripe.
USAF, how many years now have we suffered, the missed opportunities for not having that quality player here already.

Not arguing with you Rich, I agree. We do need upgrades for Lamela and many others.

My point was simply I think we have more pressing needs...first. To me a striker or two and a DM is more a immediate concern.

But to be sure I do agree we need to start upgrading this roster quickly. So many things need fixed....

Keep in mind Lamela works with and off a striker so it's not ideal for him . Yet he came closest to scoring by 1 cm and will no doubt score more of he stays fit this season. His corners are pretty good and more consistent than Eriksens. He will battle and press, provide a tempo. He didnt play well but must have shown enough for one of the best managers in the world ever to pick him . It was an experimental set up in defence, MF and attack so it's no surprise anyone struggled.

Can't think of many games where he plays well when he starts. Has always been better from the bench.

We really do have average attacking players.

I was literally shaking my head in disbelief watching Lucas, Son, Lamela playing together. Nowhere near good enough.

Then chuck that arrogant prick Dele into the mix just to top it off.

Can't think of many games where he plays well when he starts. Has always been better from the bench.

We really do have average attacking players.

I was literally shaking my head in disbelief watching Lucas, Son, Lamela playing together. Nowhere near good enough.

Then chuck that arrogant prick Dele into the mix just to top it off.

Weakest set of attacking players we have had in my memory, remember when we had Defoe and Pav on the bench, we always had 4 strikers at the club.

He was terrible. He really was.

That shot with his weaker right was pathetic.

Was not impressed with Lamela against Southampton. there were several occasions he could have released either Son or Moura with a quick pass and he waited too long and lost the ball.

Was not impressed with Lamela against Southampton. there were several occasions he could have released either Son or Moura with a quick pass and he waited too long and lost the ball.

Lamela came on at 55 mins. Almost immediately he got an assist. He didnt lose the ball by overpaying it once !! He gave possession away once by trying a quick rebound pass out of defence which was an attempt at playing out. He committed a foul after dumbarse Aurier lost the ball in a dangerous area similar to how he did for their goal. Lamela charged in and caught the Saints player but it snuffed out the attack and allowed us to regroup, a professional foul .
To summarise Lamela did very little wrong. Jose instructed him to stay on the right to allow Loco to play more central and it worked. Lamela set Son free a couple of times, once after a battle to win the ball which he did. Son of course squandered these chances. I wouldn't say I was impressed by Lamela because he did what we expect. Fight, tackle, set up and join in with attacks and make an impact as a sub.
It's all there, the 35 minutes of Lamela on the Spurs website.
One thing worth pointing out. On 86 minutes Hugo lumped an aimless ball deep into their half and straight to a Saints player who passed back to his keeper. The keeper rolled the ball out and they built the attack that scored the goal. 86 minutes we should be keeping the ball, not lumping it upfield. Thanks Hugo !!

Lamela came on at 55 mins. Almost immediately he got an assist. He didnt lose the ball by overpaying it once !! He gave possession away once by trying a quick rebound pass out of defence which was an attempt at playing out. He committed a foul after dumbarse Aurier lost the ball in a dangerous area similar to how he did for their goal. Lamela charged in and caught the Saints player but it snuffed out the attack and allowed us to regroup, a professional foul .
To summarise Lamela did very little wrong. Jose instructed him to stay on the right to allow Loco to play more central and it worked. Lamela set Son free a couple of times, once after a battle to win the ball which he did. Son of course squandered these chances. I wouldn't say I was impressed by Lamela because he did what we expect. Fight, tackle, set up and join in with attacks and make an impact as a sub.
It's all there, the 35 minutes of Lamela on the Spurs website.
One thing worth pointing out. On 86 minutes Hugo lumped an aimless ball deep into their half and straight to a Saints player who passed back to his keeper. The keeper rolled the ball out and they built the attack that scored the goal. 86 minutes we should be keeping the ball, not lumping it upfield. Thanks Hugo !!

His attempts to set Son free were much too late.

Lamela came on got a passenger of in Gedson. Moved Lo Celso back into his position. Lo Celso and Lamela have struck up a friendship and partnership with lo Celso . It is a good sign for us

Lamela came on got a passenger of in Gedson. Moved Lo Celso back into his position. Lo Celso and Lamela have struck up a friendship and partnership with lo Celso . It is a good sign for us

Being both lefties and similar types of player I thought maybe they wouldn't play together but both are versatile as we saw with Lamela staying on the right. A partnership worth keeping an eye on perhaps.

With every passing day his contract (and to some extent Sissoko's) seems more and more like an act of sabotage on Poch's behalf.

Wasn’t going to let his mate go without was he

Status
Not open for further replies.