🚹 Eric Dier - Player Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

🚹 Eric Dier - Player Thread

Another player who's contract needs sorting out.

He's on contract until 2021. Others are more urgent.

Because we can only handle one contract at a time?

As soon as a player hits 2 years on his contract, he has all the power, and the club is in trouble.

Do we really want to get there next season?

No, I'm sure we can handle more than one contract negotiation at the time.

The thing with Dier is that I think that Poch is trying to sort out where Dier wants to play. If Dier says he in his heart wants to be a CB, I think it's a no brainer with Toby and perhaps even Verts on their way out.
On the other hand, if Dier says he want to be a midfielder then I can see why Spurs has no great hurry as we're better covered in the midfield.

That said. I like Dier and want him to stay because he's so versatile, and I truly think he will be offered a new contract after the summer.
But if both Toby and and Verts goes in the summer, Dier will be more worth for us as a CB than as a DM. If he sees it that way too then Poch and Levy will have paper and pen ready faster than a blink of an eye.

Great ball by Dier there. He really hasn't done that enough over the last season or so. He has always had really good vision.

He was sloppy at the weekend though. When he is on form he just doesn't make many mistakes. I'm still convinced his head isn't where it should be.

Great ball by Dier there. He really hasn't done that enough over the last season or so. He has always had really good vision.

He was sloppy at the weekend though. When he is on form he just doesn't make many mistakes. I'm still convinced his head isn't where it should be.

Dito! And if Dier is 'off' against City, they will make us pay harshly.

Dito! And if Dier is 'off' against City, they will make us pay harshly.

He was shocking at their place because he wasn't at the races. If he plays I hope we have a wall in front of him.

Eriksen dropping deeper and more central will help as well.

More
1f4f0.png
@ericdier has undergone surgery to remove his appendix. He will now undergo a period of recovery before commencing rehabilitation and it is expected he will return to training with the squad in January.

another blow to the weakened squad....

We can't catch a break, I don't think I've known a season like this.
ate back from WC.
Son being away at Asian cup.
Playing at Wembley
And injury after injury.
Despite all that we are still in both cups and have best start in PL history, amazing!

Be interesting to see whether we can get Dembele or Wanyama back for any of the seasonal fixtures. We're now down to Sissoko, Winks and Skipp but can at least pull Dele or Eriksen back into midfield.

Let's hope Dier makes a speedy recovery as he's a critical squad player.

Not great timing but feel we can cope without him.

CB is the area I worry about as Eriksen and Alli can play deeper if needed.

Sanchez is nearly ready so we should be fine.

Our fears about going into this period weakened further in the middle have proved valid.

Please Poch, please move Foyth into the middle, my money is on him having an instant impact, a very positive one.

Our fears about going into this period weakened further in the middle have proved valid.

Please Poch, please move Foyth into the middle, my money is on him having an instant impact, a very positive one.

It's a good shout but we're just as thin in defence! Already playing Davies in a position he's almost never played for Spurs. Need Sanchez back in a way where he doesn't beak down again ASAP

It's a good shout but we're just as thin in defence! Already playing Davies in a position he's almost never played for Spurs. Need Sanchez back in a way where he doesn't beak down again ASAP

I'm told Sanchez is ready - guess we will know soon enough....

1000000% agree