🚹 Eric Dier - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

🚹 Eric Dier - Player Thread

Tom Huddlestone still going well at Derby. Could do with his passing in our MF. He scored at the weekend. A tap in. He has been banned from shooting practice to discourage him from having a pop outside the box apparently.

Amazing game against ManU, schoolboy level against Liverpool, not sure if this is this lack of consistency is due to playing in so many positions, have so many team mates shift around him, or really the talks about ManU in the summer.

Dier has played numerous positions for us in the past especially in his first season and he never had this lack of form or concentration.

I would like to think that with most of the midfield back , and Toby , we can afford to give him a couple of games off , sit him in a darkened room , then give him the " thoughts of Harry " that 80 has just posted . Let him read and digest that.
He is obviously talented enough and has a brilliant future ,hopefully with us . Just needs to go back to basics and get them right
With Toby out so long as well as Vic , and Dembo always a concern for full fitness , he has had a lot of covering to do.
Some weeks he is priceless , some weeks you end up screaming at him .
We need the fresh youthful Eric Dier we first got a few seasons ago. He was a boy wonder then . Now it's us who wonder what's happened to the boy.
I stiil rate him very highly . In a couple of years he will be the second name on the team sheet .

Although players who can play in numerous positions can be handy it also means they will never fully kick on and become the player they could be or want to be.

I would rather players who are masters in their positions and know where their best position is. If that means buying two players to replace Dier so be it. That's what big clubs do.

but it's not what we do...

Dier is still young for a DM / CB and whilst his form has dipped it has been overstated imo. Far more solid games than mistakes. Still think if he played CB every game with the same players around him we'd see those errors drop off, and he's not had many bad games at DM.

Particularly with Wanyama's injury problems I'm not sure why anyone would want him gone for 50M with the way prices for replacements are likely to keep shooting up.

His future is at Spurs. Would be insane to sell Dier as he is young and versatile and will only get better. But Poch will have to make a decision of what he wants Dier to be.
Personally, I won't be at all surprised to see him and Sanchez as our future CB as Verts isn't getting younger.

In any modern football team, you have to have players in your squad that can play multiple positions. Eric Dier has certainly been one of those players under Pochettino.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524596">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

For 50m I would sell.

He hasn't kicked on and to be honest I don't think there is much improvement in him.

I also question his mentality. A few winks from a bigger club and his form has deteriorated massively.

Real Deal - 27/3/2018 07:51

For 50m I would sell.

He hasn't kicked on and to be honest I don't think there is much improvement in him.

I also question his mentality. A few winks from a bigger club and his form has deteriorated massively.

Concur...especially if we can get 50m for him. He has simply been out of sorts since he was woohed by United. Almost as if he is depressed that he didn't get moved to them. Just hasn't been the same.

Although I agree about form with Dier, he hasn't hit his standards of the last few seasons this year, he has still been pretty good, and is easily one of our best players.

Can't understand why some fans would want to sell him, he offers us so much versatility and flexibility tactically in a game. He can play DM, drop in to a back 3, or be the CB in a 4 man defence.

Simply put, to replace Dier we would need to sign 2 players (a CB and a CM) as any player that has the ability, versatility and flexibility he has is going to cost well over £50million - if there are any of them about?

We are better off keeping Dier, making him a CB if Toby goes and letting him develop into a great ball playing CB.

Some amazing moments this season with some really ****ty ones, as you'd expect from a young player. I think some of the fans expected him to bypass the consistency phase after his stellar time with u, but that's not realistic.

His pass yesterday is exactly why he gets the nod over Wanyama for me, he is a footballer who has the quality to add a lot to the team offensively.

His contract has 3 years remaining, just when he will hit peak years. Need to sort it out early.

I think we'll have to re-open the Wanyama vs Dier debate next season. It's clear that Victor's left knee issues have pretty much written this season off. We just seem to be using him sparingly until the summer meaning Dier will remain 1st choice.

It's great to have them both in the same squad though.

muttley - 2/4/2018 15:13

I think we'll have to re-open the Wanyama vs Dier debate next season. It's clear that Victor's left knee issues have pretty much written this season off. We just seem to be using him sparingly until the summer meaning Dier will remain 1st choice.

It's great to have them both in the same squad though.

It is. And it is one of the better debates running. They are both important. It almost comes down to MP playing the right one at the right time.

That pass.............

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>