🚹 Eric Dier - Player Thread | Vital Football

🚹 Eric Dier - Player Thread

D

Departed

It was significant the Dier was named captain in the FA Cup game against Villa. His eye for a pass and his consistency are key to our success as is his innate leadership.

[youtube=TpgSxyTK6FU]

He is wasted at CB.

I knew his vision was good, just forgot how good as he hasn't had the opportunity to play his best position this season.

He is a very good crosser of the ball and is an animal in the tackle. I rate Wana but he ain't no Dier.

Real Deal - 17/1/2017 20:25

He is wasted at CB.

I knew his vision was good, just forgot how good as he hasn't had the opportunity to play his best position this season.

He is a very good crosser of the ball and is an animal in the tackle. I rate Wana but he ain't no Dier.

Agree 100%.

Bienvenu17 - 17/1/2017 20:42

does verts' injury affect Diers' position?

IMO not really. If we shift to a back 4 then it becomes a case of who partners Toby. Dier, Wimmer or Davies?

Dier may get the nod and get more playing opportunities.

isn't Poch on record as saying he likes a left footer to be at LCB? Think he sees Davies and Wimmer as cover for Vert, not Dier.

freundorfoe - 18/1/2017 01:49

isn't Poch on record as saying he likes a left footer to be at LCB? Think he sees Davies and Wimmer as cover for Vert, not Dier.

I agree.

Please can we stop playing him him at CB

I don't get the thinking, he was one of our top performers last year and we are now shoehorning him into the team.

We need to start playing Wimmer or get a CB in that can meet the managers needs

No wonder he looks pissed

Have said since day one he isn't a CB. SG called it as well.

His days are numbered now, as Wana ain't getting dropped for anyone.

What a waste, he was so good at times last season.

Kinygerbils - 11/2/2017 20:59

Real Deal - 11/2/2017 20:53

Have said since day one he isn't a CB. SG called it as well.

His days are numbered now, as Wana ain't getting dropped for anyone.

What a waste, he was so good at times last season.

Called it as well.

It makes no sense playing him when we actually have a CB in Wimmer

I can see him going to Munich as they rate him massively and have a space in the squad with Alonso leaving

It's odd not to play Wimmer LCB, his best and most natural position. Him and Toby last season were excellent. Why not try and replicate that?

Wimmer must have done something to piss Poch off. You can always tell when Poch is annoyed with certain players, he treats them appallingly.

Sir Dick Caan - 11/2/2017 20:55

no we haven't shoehorned him in... he has been playing as the RCB in the 3-4-3...

the only reason we are not playing it is cos Davies doesnt have the athleticism to play as the LWB in the absence of Rose, and the coach has had to go back to the staid 4-2-3-1... the system that shows Kane and Ali at their true level.. good but nowhere near great.

To be fair we started with that formation at City and got destroyed first half. We only improved when we went back to a 4231.

Real Deal - 11/2/2017 21:17

Sir Dick Caan - 11/2/2017 20:55

no we haven't shoehorned him in... he has been playing as the RCB in the 3-4-3...

the only reason we are not playing it is cos Davies doesnt have the athleticism to play as the LWB in the absence of Rose, and the coach has had to go back to the staid 4-2-3-1... the system that shows Kane and Ali at their true level.. good but nowhere near great.

To be fair we started with that formation at City and got destroyed first half. We only improved when we went back to a 4231.

we started well, then they got lucky with 2 'bad' goals... overall, the 3-4-3 has done very well... no system guarantees wins every game, but we look very efficient at creating chances and not just shutting out teams.

80deg16minW - 11/2/2017 21:45

Tough day.

Now he plays as a LCB...

Next we try him as a left wing back, then AM and perhaps even a striker.

Pollo - 12/2/2017 13:16

80deg16minW - 11/2/2017 21:45

Tough day.

Now he plays as a LCB...

Next we try him as a left wing back, then AM and perhaps even a striker.
lol... i tend to agree. When played at the back he looks decidedly average, he should be reverted back to his rightful position.

I am losing patience with him. He is a poor cb and not good enough to push Victor and Dembele out of cm.