Entering the stadium | Vital Football

Entering the stadium

imps1

Vital 1st Team Regular
Anyone else have issues getting in the ground.

One of the Lower block coop turnstiles were sending most fans down the other end into a massive queue as they’d been advised to only let certain blocks in via there entrance.

Why on earth people in block 3 had to use the furthest away entrance from there seat was bizarre and this caused massive issues.

The club do an awful lot right but sometimes some of the issues are utterly strange and unavoidable.

If entrances are changing then communicate this with the fans, via Twitter, email, Facebook. Anything to stop people moaning at the poor staff who are having to implement the changes And were getting regular people having a go at them for no fault of there own.

I was 50 or so from the back of the queue about to go through turnstile and they opened the gate and started letting people in.

Seen pictures of massive queues after kick off, explains the gaps in the crowd at kick off. Are the QR codes not working properly? Someone in front of us took ages for it to work.

We got to the ground about 7PM, and went to use the turnstile in between the Co-Op and the South Park End (like we did on Saturday without any problems); as usual I let my Son go first, the Girl in the booth scanned his ticket and let him through and then she started muttering something, I asked her "What's up?" and she told me his ticket was for the wrong turnstile (after she let him through!). She then scanned mine, which came up with being the wrong turnstile and she told me I had to go down to the other end; I was about to tell my son to go to seats and I'll meet him there, but he had turned around and was asking "what's happening", she realised her mistake in letting him through and so allowed me through as well.
I did say to her that we were able to use that turnstile on Saturday, and she did say "It'll probably all change again next time."
When I took my seat my first thought was "That'll be interesting nearer to kick-off!"

If there are changes like this they do need to be communicated out better prior to the match.

We got to the ground about 7PM, and went to use the turnstile in between the Co-Op and the South Park End (like we did on Saturday without any problems); as usual I let my Son go first, the Girl in the booth scanned his ticket and let him through and then she started muttering something, I asked her "What's up?" and she told me his ticket was for the wrong turnstile (after she let him through!). She then scanned mine, which came up with being the wrong turnstile and she told me I had to go down to the other end; I was about to tell my son to go to seats and I'll meet him there, but he had turned around and was asking "what's happening", she realised her mistake in letting him through and so allowed me through as well.
I did say to her that we were able to use that turnstile on Saturday, and she did say "It'll probably all change again next time."
When I took my seat my first thought was "That'll be interesting nearer to kick-off!"

If there are changes like this they do need to be communicated out better prior to the match.

My season ticket clearly states Gates 11-14 and I'm in Lower Tier 2. I suppose there is a logical explanation, but I don't know what it is 🤔

For the second time in four days, the gate at the top end of the Stacey West car park (adjacent to the Co-op stand) was padlocked shut. I have arthritic knees and use sticks to help me to walk so a long detour round the ground to gain entry to the Co-op Stand defeats the object of buying a season ticket for the car park. Thankfully the very helpful steward at the entrance to said car park took it upon himself to allow me and my son entry via the big side gates between the Co-op and the Stacey West stands. At the end, we were also allowed out by those same gates, thanks to one of the chief stewards inside the ground, so I am very grateful to those stewards for facilitating my entry and exit. Thank you.

It does look like the 18 months without supporters has caused some teething problems. Hopefully the issues being raised will be addressed at the necessary levels at the club

The queues were huge and it wasn’t easy to see which ones were for what entrance. As said gates 19 and 20 were closed so everyone was forced further down. The actual scanning was very quick once at the turnstile and certainly quicker than the days of paying cash and waiting for your change.

As Mentioned in my first message. The club do a lot right and it was great to wake up this morning to see a Tweet from Liam apologising for this and iFollow problems. 👏👏

The issue of the double gates being padlocked shut between the Co Op and SW needs sorting. I asked a steward why and he said because of the stored building materials, but they were fenced off anyway. In order to get to the other side of the Ground at full time means a long way round going against the fans leaving, I am ok but for older folk a pain in the arse.

Was there very early as the turnstiles opened, and would not let us in between Co-op and South Park with Co-op upper tickets (always used those turnstiles!).
Same story at SW end of stand and waited ten minutes for one turnstile to open in middle of stand serving upper. Not a big problem at 6:45pm, but would have been later.

Club have been keen since just before lockdown to prevent fans moving between upper/lower Co-op but need to plan and communicate this better.

19/20 was closed on Saturday, as well. That's not going to fly with 9 - 10K crowds every week.

Seem to be a lot less staff in general, recruitment drive required IMHO.
Extra matchday required.
They've got a little while until the next league to iron out the problems.

One of the lads I knew who used to work in the gate has packed in as they've cut their money and no longer allow them into the game. Might be that they're struggling to get enough people to do the job.

Something needs to be done though as we've missed the start of both games so far despite being there well before time.

Stewards I spoke to on way into Coop were very helpful and friendly, assisting my dad in wheelchair. Clear that a rethink needed though on admissions as it seems a bit chaotic. Hopefully teething problems will be ironed out - the club will I'm sure will make changes.