Enough is Enough | Page 6 | Vital Football

Enough is Enough

why are so many writing off this season when we are just 2 wins from a lottery play off spot with 17 games left?
We still have good players to return and even a couple of signing, if you listen to Smith, this week and yet we have such negative vibes from some fans.
Some fans will never take to Smith as they would of preferred a Henry type coach,,, LOL.

Jimmy Cumbes was a magnificent keeper during the resurrection years, he should never be forgotten. He was a multi talented sportsman.
On a broader note - and yet again I ask - have the current owners been made aware of certain publications, have they read them, have they watched footage of some of the awesome games from the past? Or are they more interested in the time slots of TV broadcasts and pay little attention to the riff raff known as the fans - it would be nice to know

why are so many writing off this season when we are just 2 wins from a lottery play off spot with 17 games left?
We still have good players to return and even a couple of signing, if you listen to Smith, this week and yet we have such negative vibes from some fans.
Some fans will never take to Smith as they would of preferred a Henry type coach,,, LOL.

Rodgers was my 1st choice along with a lot of other fans but I did want Smith too as the runner up and I hope for us and him he starts getting things right because at the moment he's not what we paid for.

Sort of, but as usual taken completely out of context so let me outline my key points again.

Which is why I asked if I had it right

First of all I was never a fan of appointing DS in the first place, for me it's an appointment that lacks imagination, but as for all Villa managers I hope he is successful.

why not see how DS coaches this squad until the summer to see how the team progresses and if DS is that man to be trusted with what could be the most important summer transfer period for the foreseeable future? Not saying he won't be but surely the intelligent thing to do is to see how the season has gone with the players at the club.

So that 's a yes, you are going to judge DS on how he does with someone elses players till the start of the summer transfer window, you do not want to give the manager that you didn't want the chance to build his own squad

Personally I don't care or think it's important that DS is a Villa fan,

Certainly something that we will disagree on, I think it makes a huge difference when it's a passion and not just another job

I'm glad we've cleared all that up :thumbup:

As Dean Smith is a coach, and therefore his roll is to coach whatever players are at his disposal then yes it is fair to judge him on what he achieved with this bunch of players. For clarity I'm not suggesting that he should be removed if, as seems likely, we fail to go up, that would be unfair, but I would like to see progress made in style, fitness tactics and attitude of the squad.

I wanted Smith but where has that vibrant team gone?

We look Bruce like at best, it’s slow and we aren’t going anywhere by the looks.

Too many draws, yes, blatantly.

But 2 defeats in 15 league games with a complete shambles of a squad with players largely not of his choosing . It is not even close to even talking about manager change.

Yep get what your saying totally. One worry is the brand of football tho after that burst of decent stuff when he arrived

Rough patch. Very disappointing right now. But this is the first manager for a long time I can believe in. While it would be horrible to stay down and see Jack and Tammy go, I want to stand by Deano and see what happens.

I wanted Smith but where has that vibrant team gone?

We look Bruce like at best, it’s slow and we aren’t going anywhere by the looks.

The vibrant team got a badly strained shin bone. That's what.

Nope, this is still way better than Brucie, even if we aren't getting the results to show for it. That was quite a lively game mostly.

Theirry Henry is on the market and we are happy to keep plodding along getting 0-0 draws at Reading. Time for the Egyptians to sort it out. No guts, no black pudding.

seems that without jack we are shit he is the one that makes us tick our drop in form has been since jacks been missing

Just seen this wonderful interview with DS and thought this was the perfect place to post it. Reviewing my initial post its clear how frustrated I was at the time, but now after the successful completion of the season it was clear that the management team have a clear plan for this club, that involved sorting out previous issues in recruitment and organisation. Obviously DS has completely vindicated his appointment and I'm genuinely excited about what he can achieve at this club, long may he reign! Anyway enjoy this fantastic interview....

This post aged well.