Enough is enough | Page 3 | Vital Football

Enough is enough

Goes to show her utter contempt for the hurt our fans feel over these relegations . Smiff happily accepts all these loses and couldnt care less as long as she can cling to power . Under her , expect more relegations , more humiliations and a total lack of any ambitions for our NCFC
I don't think we will go out of the football league for a very long time YB but I do believe it is very much looking like (in my lifetime at least) that we are now destined to stay in one of the four divisions for a very long time (not prem obviously). So we don't have many more relegations because theres probably No more promotions.

You all know I have been luke warm about demonising Delia. You also know that I have started to veer towards the 'Delia must sell' group of opinion despite my reservations.

However, the (unsurprising) revelations on the way Abramovich has made his billions has brought into sharp focus the way in which people, countries have been able to throw money at clubs and seek to cover their behaviour in a fog of footballing success. People close to those who murder their rivals or decapitate those who do not subscribe to their brand of superstition some how manage to bypass the ineffective 'fit and proper person' regulations. They frequently go on to flout financial fair play rules without any effective penalty. While I do not have enough evidence to say that EPL is corrupt, if it looks like a dog and smells like a dog, then it's pretty certain it is a dog.

The reason I am running on about this is to urge caution. This wonderful club of ours Is in desperate need of investment but such investment always comes with a price. There would be no renewal of my season ticket if the new owner was not Really a fit and proper person.

You all know I have been luke warm about demonising Delia. You also know that I have started to veer towards the 'Delia must sell' group of opinion despite my reservations.

However, the (unsurprising) revelations on the way Abramovich has made his billions has brought into sharp focus the way in which people, countries have been able to throw money at clubs and seek to cover their behaviour in a fog of footballing success. People close to those who murder their rivals or decapitate those who do not subscribe to their brand of superstition some how manage to bypass the ineffective 'fit and proper person' regulations. They frequently go on to flout financial fair play rules without any effective penalty. While I do not have enough evidence to say that EPL is corrupt, if it looks like a dog and smells like a dog, then it's pretty certain it is a dog.

The reason I am running on about this is to urge caution. This wonderful club of ours Is in desperate need of investment but such investment always comes with a price. There would be no renewal of my season ticket if the new owner was not Really a fit and proper person.
Dipshits only 40 miles down the road got themselves a billionaire owner who finally sold on to another rich consortium. Certainly much further away from the promised land than we are.

Investment doesn’t always mean bad investment but I totally agree that the club needs to go forwards with caution . It has been proven beyond all doubt with THREE relegations in just 6 seasons that the Smiffs ‘self funded club’ simply doesn’t work in the Prem , and there is a danger with us going to become one of the poorest clubs in the Championship we may struggle in that league as well . Couple that with the Smiff total lack of ambition , the future doesn’t look much better for us than it does for Ipswich

I met several Norwich supporters during the 2 tests ( some with flags
over the stands )
I disagreed with most of them. Two of them said they wanted their grandchildren to have a club to support ( as usually stating all rich owners are bad owners ). My response is that with Smiffs in charge their grandchildren would have club to support but whose local derby is against Kings Lynn.

I think the whole idea of "rich owners = bad owners" is such a lazy rhetoric to jump on. Not least because I can think of very good rich owners for every bad one. What even is meant by "bad owners?" - I'm scratching my head and trying to think out of all the professional clubs in the country how many have actually disappeared due to bad ownership? I could only think of 5 (Bury, Macclesfield, Chester, Aldershot, Maidstone) and after online searching discovered "Rushden & Diamonds" also in 1992. One thing in common is all these clubs are way smaller than us and less rich than us and does not support the argument of rich owners = no future. I am aware Derby have been in a bad situation but again they have not disappeared and their wealth (around 700 million) isnt very much in todays market anyway (wouldnt even be 16th richest in the prem)....

What I am getting at is.. how is what has happened to the teams mentioned above linked in anyway to rich owners and why does us having rich(er) owners have to mean us risking our future? In my mind, even within my NCFC supporting time we have almost gone bust too! We needed Delia to bail us out when we dropped to league 1 to avoid administration and since then we were but a James Maddison sale away from going bust. I dont see us any safer than the likes of the above already even with current ownership. The only difference being with current ownership we have NO future at the higher levels and surely football is about competing and competing is about being the best you can be. What is the point if we dont want to try? Rich owners will only give us a better chance of sustaining our success, the worse case is we remain as we are with all the same risks of bankruptcy as we have ever experienced.

I think it's exactly that DG! The amounts of discussions I have had with other fans and it always comes down to them simply just not liking the idea of change. There is no talking to them, they've made their mind up and that is that. I've never known a set of fans like ours. When I chat to some of my Cardiff supporting friends and my good friend who is a Southampton supporter, they cannot comprehend the situation and how a fanbase would not want to try something different at this point

I think it's exactly that DG! The amounts of discussions I have had with other fans and it always comes down to them simply just not liking the idea of change. There is no talking to them, they've made their mind up and that is that. I've never known a set of fans like ours. When I chat to some of my Cardiff supporting friends and my good friend who is a Southampton supporter, they cannot comprehend the situation and how a fanbase would not want to try something different at this point
I know exactly what you're saying. Even gutler on RN seems to be sick of the fans who pick the negative owners and he (and rivers) talk about Leicester owners as a good example of great owners

I cannot speak for the other old ones but I most certainly do not regard myself as being set in my ways. I have never been that certain.
My reservations about exchanging the ineptitude of the current administration with a truly wealthy owner did not cast doubt that footballing success would most likely follow.
What gave me pause was what else was in the package; most probably hidden from the supporters until it became exposed externally. I regard myself has a pretty tolerant person, I have to be to endure the ageist knocking that goes on, but I would turn my back on the club that I love if it were owned by someone I would not invite into my home.

I’m not worried about getting rid of the Smiffs and getting new owners . They preside over relegation after humiliating relegation and embarass our club with their pathetic lack of ambition,and hunger and desire to succeed . They are dragging us down and have got to go. I don’t believe that new investment is necessarily bad investment , and the very last person I would want to invite into my house is Smiff

Rex. I would consider myself close to being in elderly category , so it was not intended as an ageist comment. Maybe it would have been wiser to indicate that Norfolk is considered to be a retirement area ( that can be at ages younger than myself ) and many ST holders were previously supporters of other teams and go to Carrow Road as a hobby rather than being emotional involved as we are.

In that case they are similar to fans I met in Windies who are happy with going every week even if in league 1 and as such have no concern about being in top league.

As YB says, the Smiffs would never be allowed in my house. I could not entertain people who put their own supposed notoriety above success of the football club I have loved for over 50 years.

I see Normann has spoken and said he hates thinking about his time with norwich because we didn't win many, there were lots of bad moods, he had so many bad days. He wants to win things and play for a club who wins. He also added that he is happier now as he is with his Norwegian team mates who he loves.

I see Normann has spoken and said he hates thinking about his time with norwich because we didn't win many, there were lots of bad moods, he had so many bad days. He wants to win things and play for a club who wins. He also added that he is happier now as he is with his Norwegian team mates who he loves.
Sounds like it has been a toxic atmosphere and nothing like it was with the set of players we have had previously.

Enough is enough - not City but the Pink-Un. After 60 years of reading the pink-un, being in paper form or now its electronic version, today I have deleted all my bookmarks of the Pink-UN and never again to read any article. Why?. Its now got to the the abusive and aggresive demanding stage by constantly interrupting any article you read - if you can find one that isnt a subscription only version- with subscribe, accept cookies every article repeated and repeated in seconds - cancel one immediately get another- Its just a waste of my time and totally unpleasurable as well as a restriction of freedom and abusive. This abhorrent methodology to constantly badger you to subscribe and accept cookies has now crossed what is anacceptable extent line. One of each when you log on I could put up with, but not not not whats happening now
Bye Bye Pink-Un may you whither away in your crude and rude business plan and disappear. You're not worthy to be associated with the City or the City fans anymore.

I agree …. It’s not a site worth reading . I now haven’t got much of a clue what’s going on at NC anymore thanks to the Pink Un blocking everything….. not that I care any longer

We needed Delia to bail us out when we dropped to league 1 to avoid administration

Unfortunately you are not right with that statement.

It was Alan Bowkett who saved this club. He had a reputation within the City of London and it was his negotiated deal with the Bank and Axa (re. their Loan Notes with NCFC Plc) that saved this club. Upon promotion to the Prem. League (after getting promoted from league 1 and then the Championship) we had
to pay something like £9m - £10m off and having stayed for a second season we paid the rest off.

However you are right that the sale of Maddison saved us from going into Administration at a later date.

Last edited: