Enough is enough | Vital Football

Enough is enough

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
Unlike several fans, I decided to go to the game yesterday despite the threat of covid and the likelihood of a heavy defeat. As a Season Ticket holders for many decades and only a 30 minute fast walk from the ground I was left with no choice.
With my brother away on holiday and YB / Mrs YB wisely deciding not to go, the plan was for Miss DG Junior to go with me to the game and Mrs DG join us for pre match beers only.
The pubs were mostly closed and together with that and the heavy rain Mrs DG opted out of beers as the nearest pub open was a long way to walk to in the rain and Miss DG opted out of the game.
I met up with a good friend and part of our away group in the only good pub open near ground and accepted his offer of another friends ST next to him near directors box.

Armed with NHS APP and 4 ST 's the 2 of us headed for the ground in the rain and got in with 15 minutes to spare.

What followed can only be described as 11 players not even close to premier league standard without any organisation or plan failing to play for the badge, surrendering to what turned out to be a rout without even creating a chance yet alone taking one.

I would sum up the players as :
Gunn : Not protected but diving like Gary Sprake.
Aarons : Cannot defend against 2 players.
Kaback : Gives away a pen almost every game.
Gibson : Not good enough for Burnley and not good enough for premier league.
Williams : Cannot defend or guide a left footed winger to the outside.
Gilmour : A lightweight who gave ball away constantly.
Mc Lean : So many poor performances, made him look average.
Sargent : Used as a target man in a winger position.
Dowell : Dire. Not good enough last season and not good enough for a match day squad.
Placheta : Runs down wing and still loses the ball or turns and passes backwards.
Pukki. Finally got a good pass ( from an Arsenal player ) and terrible first touch resulted in not even getting in a shot at goal.

Subs :
Idah for Sargent : One striker on wing with 0 goals replaced by another striker on wing with no goals.
Lees Melou for Dowell. Managed to replace a player having a terrible game with someone who did even worse.
Tzolis for Placheta : Replaced one poor winger with another.

I have been to many grounds in my away supporting times and The Emirates has the worst atmosphere of all modern day grounds so having to sit in a silent area near Directors Box where not a single word was muttered listening to Arsenal supporters who create zero atmosphere in their own ground taking the p**s off the pitch to match what was happening on it, was so hard to take.
At one time there was the old fashioned ' sing us a song ' chant where home fans usually respond, only for the total silence of continue and the Arsenal fans did not what to sing next in response.

There are still 20 games left and despite not being totally adrift we have already changed Managers and yet remain looking a totally broken team without the players required to even give a game to medium to good opposition clubs.
As you may know I am a big England cricket fan with tickets for 2 tests in the Windies in March 22 and after suffering MOTD until midnight, turned over onto BT Sports to watch yet another dismal day for England Supporters. It was like watching Norwich play except England have better players not performing against even better players with a system and we have poor players not playing against very good players with a game plan.

So enough is enough. The Smiffs HAVE to sell up as soon as possible as we are now heading for utter humiliation and certain relegation. It is too late to survive now but if they really love NCFC as much as we all do they will not let us suffer this total humiliation any longer and organise new owners with money to plan a way back with hope of being competitive in lower half of premier league table.
The fans need to protest loudly against the board at games as oppose to the current love in for the Selfish Stowmarket 2.

As I sat near the directors box in an large area of total silence ( except for one chap who said ' come on City ' every time we kicked off after conceding ) listening to Arsenal supporters laughing at us as their team totally outplayed us in every area of the pitch
and watch our substitutions of average players for average players making no difference at all, I finally gave up on Norwich City.

Last edited:
I have supported Norwich City since 1979 and as a passionate fan have always gone to games whenever I could . As an exile living in Yorkshire my support consisted of mainly aways , and I have lost count of many of my aways days , but I can remember standing on the grass bank at Wigans old Springfield Park, I have stood and froze or got soaked at open ends at Oldham , Barnsley and Stockport County . I stood in a blizzard in an FC Cup tie at Grimsby where my clothes froze on me . I even went to Rochdale for a Legaue Cup first round first leg tie . Those are just some of the hundreds of aways I went to. Home games were the biggest effort with a 4 to 5 hour journey to get to Norwich , but I gladly went as I believed in my club . Part of my move to Norwich 6 years ago was so that I could at last be an ST holder in the Snake Pit which I always wanted to do .
On our way to the Villa game , we decided that with increasing Covid and shite performances we would be safer staying at home for the Arsenal game , and after the abject performance against Villa , that confirmed our absence . Now after the absolutely dire effort against Villa and now Arsenal ,my enthusiasm to go has almost disappeared . I am sorry I let DG down and didn’t go , but the Smiffs , and NC Board have brought me to this . If we had fight and ambition at the club i would have risked it and willingly gone but I can no longer bear watching abject performance after abject performance in the Prem League while the obnoxious selfish Smiffs cling onto power at NC and are quite prepared to see us humiliated and laughed at as long as they can leave the club to the inept Tom . The Smiffs are totally to blame for the 3 relegations (1 pending) we have suffered in the short time I have lived in Norwich . I cannot wait until the day that our fans see the light and protest to get the Smiffs out so investment can come into the club and we can move forwards

Last edited:
Totally understand both DG and YB - I treat the news about NCFC as a look at whenever not an urgency and hectic desire. I certainly wont be staying up till the early hours of Sunday morning when dawn breaks early in summer over here any more. Even if we start getting results that wont change much (too little too late) until the energy comes back and the feeling we can actually get somewhere triggers, and even them with caution and not getting too excited. They wont change - they'll just change the manager seeing as we're in a lower league - mostly because DS will leave through sheer frustration, and another nail in the coffin of their self funded system is banged in hard

YB.
You made the correct decision and did not let me down at all.
I was close to not bothering to go myself as when it came to the time to set off for the pub I said to the girls I would rather stay in the warm, carry on working and watch on tv.
I just wish I had summoned up the the courage to shout Smiffs out to their faces but felt guilty about waking them up !

Its pi**ing it down in the Fine City.
Imagine walking around the crap hole area of Palarse in the rain looking for a good pub that opens before midday.

Glad to be a home in dry for once.

I have been there so many times ( often around new years day ) and vowed never to return to that crap hole and finally I am not.
I always said same thing but still went back. Finally straw (apart from moving) was sitting right at the front getting completely soaked and a bunch of ***** tossers getting mouthy with my father.

Lees-melou cost us 5 million...bloody hell. The problem is when we spend it's mostly on duds.

Sargent over 8 million and lees-melou 5 million.

Webber's appalling transfer window efforts continued in summer.
It will not be bad in January as there is no money to spend Hitting

I was thinking this morning how much damage the selfish and totally unambitious Smiffs have done to us fans . In all my years of supporting NCFC I have never seen our ground looking so empty as it did near the end of the Arsenal game. Fans are starting to vote with their feet .

As for making the extra effort to go to these aways , is it really worth the cost and tiring days to watch a team that can’t compete in this league ? I have now done just one away in 2 and a half seasons ( admittedly many game were played behind close doors ) and that was Burnley 2 seasons ago , and the effort by the team made my effort in getting there simply not worthwhile. I often think back to the 2009/10 season when we all believed were on a journey and I went to 9 homes and 14 aways from my home in West Yorkshire . I travelled to games from Leeds in the North to Yeovil in the South and from Walsall to London for aways . But we all did it because we believed and now with the Smiffs Norwich I no longer believe we will get anywhere and ask myself what is the point in going ?

I tried to get palace tickets for me and my sons but my sons were cat5 and that had sold out before it got to that Cat. Ive been to palace about 8/10 times weve played there and im pretty sure weve lost every time, weve not won there for over tens yrs.
I live 30mins from selhurst so its my nearest club to visit in the prem but I am so glad I couldnt go after our latest performances, i can almost take losing but as you have all noted, the are losses you can accept and ones you cannot, the last 2 were in unacceptable in every single way.
I didnt expect us to win against Arsenal, but I didnt expect an utter disgrace of a performance from every single player, especially at a home game.
I was up a&e for 7 hrs yesterday with my wife who’s now unwell and were forced to discharge her at midnight due to an urgent mri scan not being made available by the NHS for 48 hrs as its a double bank hol, unbelievable. So this alone at palace is another bullet ive dodged as we all know the result will be a loss to nil today.
The board, players etc and obviously the owners have completely torn my heart out of football again this season, im trying now to realise reluctantly that we are nowhere near a prem outfit from top to bottom and we are better staying in the Championship until we are sold which i fear will be when poor old Michael passes.

I feel so sorry for you 76 with all the bad luck you are having at the moment with first your dad and now your wife’s illness . I hope all will be ok and I wish NCFC could cheer us all up a bit , but I very much doubt it.

I tried to get palace tickets for me and my sons but my sons were cat5 and that had sold out before it got to that Cat. Ive been to palace about 8/10 times weve played there and im pretty sure weve lost every time, weve not won there for over tens yrs.
I live 30mins from selhurst so its my nearest club to visit in the prem but I am so glad I couldnt go after our latest performances, i can almost take losing but as you have all noted, the are losses you can accept and ones you cannot, the last 2 were in unacceptable in every single way.
I didnt expect us to win against Arsenal, but I didnt expect an utter disgrace of a performance from every single player, especially at a home game.
I was up a&e for 7 hrs yesterday with my wife who’s now unwell and were forced to discharge her at midnight due to an urgent mri scan not being made available by the NHS for 48 hrs as its a double bank hol, unbelievable. So this alone at palace is another bullet ive dodged as we all know the result will be a loss to nil today.
The board, players etc and obviously the owners have completely torn my heart out of football again this season, im trying now to realise reluctantly that we are nowhere near a prem outfit from top to bottom and we are better staying in the Championship until we are sold which i fear will be when poor old Michael passes.
Sorry to hear that about your wife.

We must have lived close to each Other at one point as I was about 25/30 minute drive from that place.

Like you I think every time I went I be we saw us win...apart from a preseason game under gunn before that Colchester game.

It's got to the point that every line up I see I instantly think ... oh dear we've lost already. Seeing Dowell, sargent, McLean, lees-melou, Rupp even pukki and Aarons makes me shake my head.

It's like Smith knows he has a load of rubbish and trying to make so.ething happen but you can't polish a turd.

It'll probably be the subs playing today. So expect to see Cantwell, lees-melou, idah all starting.

Smith did say that kabak can't play 2 games in three days I'm sure he did

76. I hope your wife recovers quickly.
My Uncle is in N and N at moment and maybe ITU today. The NHS staff are brilliant but like NCFC if the funding is lacking there is a limit to what can be done.

Contact me if you need to get tickets from groups 2 / 3.