English Football Reform Plans | Page 3 | Vital Football

English Football Reform Plans

Is the PL format working ? There are only a few that stand a chance of winning it and where did their money come from ? Are there too many make weights that can't compete on a level playing field ? Are there too many games which means large squads are needed and afforded.
Would a Premier A and B league work with maybe 10 teams in each ?

I don't think you need to go as low as 10. I would stick it at about 16. Then re-distribute the money that the 20 clubs get between the 32 clubs ensuring that coming top of Prem 2 is more lucrative then bottom of Prem 1. Then make it all more attractive and aim to get more money by more live games including PPV.

I don't think you need to go as low as 10. I would stick it at about 16. Then re-distribute the money that the 20 clubs get between the 32 clubs ensuring that coming top of Prem 2 is more lucrative then bottom of Prem 1. Then make it all more attractive and aim to get more money by more live games including PPV.

I was thinking 10 clubs means 9 games but playing each other 4 times for 36 games. I haven't thought it through much though TBH.