England | Vital Football

England

They seem frightened to cross a ball. We have all that firepower in the middle but it just isn't getting there.

Credit to the Poles for a strong finish though

All the possession, vast majority of passes, two shots on target. What's that all about?
Unfortunately that is the boring kind of football we have to endure at the moment as all the bigwig no nowts think it is how football should be played.
It bores the fucking tits off me, but hopefully it will change once the powers that be realise it is driving fans away.

Unfortunately that is the boring kind of football we have to endure at the moment as all the bigwig no nowts think it is how football should be played.
It bores the fucking tits off me, but hopefully it will change once the powers that be realise it is driving fans away.

Did you watch the game last night Jonny, I thought it was a very entertaining game.

To be fair I didn't watch it, I am one of the many that have been bored shitless too many times.
I saw the last 15 minutes and thought Poland looked pretty handy and probably would have gone on to win if there had been another 10 minutes to play.
England apparently had two shots on target in 94 minutes, you are easily pleased if you find that entertaining, but then again if you were brought up on the boring shite Martinez pretented to be football I can understand.

To be fair I didn't watch it, I am one of the many that have been bored shitless too many times.
I saw the last 15 minutes and thought Poland looked pretty handy and probably would have gone on to win if there had been another 10 minutes to play.
England apparently had two shots on target in 94 minutes, you are easily pleased if you find that entertaining, but then again if you were brought up on the boring shite Martinez pretented to be football I can understand.

There's more to a game of football than just shots on target IMO but each to their own. Not sure how old you think I am Jonny but I was "brought up" on Tommy Gore and Peter Houghton.

Harry Kane had a stinker , good job he scored.
Shows how much the enthusiasm has slipped with me when I wasn't that arsed about the equaliser.

There's more to a game of football than just shots on target IMO but each to their own. Not sure how old you think I am Jonny but I was "brought up" on Tommy Gore and Peter Houghton.
You should know better then Arthur than to think the usual shite way England play is good.
I only saw 15 or 20 minutes last night so they may have played like world beaters for the first 70 minutes or so but I somehow doubt it.

You should know better then Arthur than to think the usual shite way England play is good.
I only saw 15 or 20 minutes last night so they may have played like world beaters for the first 70 minutes or so but I somehow doubt it.

They certainly didn't play like world beaters, individually there were some good solid performances and some distinctly below par performances and as a team I felt they moved the ball too slowly and consistently made poor decisions in the final third, but it was these failings that made the game IMO entertaining to watch as you just knew that Poland, despite not being "as good as England" had enough quality and fight in them to hurt us if they got the chance and they did in injury time. It was a far better watch than the 2 previous "comfortable wins" were England dominated and scored a few goals and had many more shots on target.
There were also some dodgy refereeing decisions, some tasty tackles going in and a bit of hand bags after the HT whistle went, which always helps spice up a game.

I don't know Jonny. That's the way Latics play and our crowds are holding up pretty good.

Must have been a few back handers for the tournament to be played in Qatar when the season has already started and not just over here, most of Europe will be affected, next season will be chaos!

Given that Qatar stadium construction has resulted in many deaths of migrant workers, that diversity and gay rights are not a thing there and clearly money has changed hands to get the event surely Mr Southgate and his knee taking virtue signalling squad will be boycotting and refusing to travel - to do otherwise would be as hypocritical as world leaders flying to COP in private planes......! 🤔
Or is it "do as I say" V2 ?

No great scalp by any means however you can only play whats in front of you.

Not England's fault that San Marino are shite! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿