England - World Cup qualified.

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
But I couldn't give a shit.

Just over a decade ago, I'd have been following them much more avidly.

Anyone else just gone from passion to couldnt-give-a-fuck about the national game, in recent years?

CuckFan - 6/10/2017 22:24

But I couldn't give a shit.

Just over a decade ago, I'd have been following them much more avidly.

Anyone else just gone from passion to couldnt-give-a-fuck about the national game, in recent years?
Wouldn't say I was that bothered anyway aside from the proper tournaments but now I couldn't give a shit and want our players as far away from England as possible.

The managerial crisis just speaks volumes over the national game with not one clear English stand out candidate able to do the job.

The Pyrry

Vital Reserves Team
I love the hype of a tournament but know full well we are crap...but I do enjoy a nation galvanised as the national team does well 1990 or 1996 being the best examples.. pubs full , all over the papers and a general feel good factor.
Must say that is fading a little now. But that could be contributed to football in general or the modern footballer.

The Pyrry

Vital Reserves Team
The midweek game against solvenia was difficult to watch. No creativity at all and littered with players who struggle to get game time at there clubs (or so it seems) plus we always seem technically so far behind
Slovenia played really well never letting an England player settle on the ball and broke quickly

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
I just can’t watch players like Alli (now) and all the other grade A arseholes, or, just utter shit players like Hart ‘represent’ the nation.

Mcnamee67

Vital Football Hero
For years, when on holiday and England were playing, I always looked for a bar to watch the match. I didn't bother this time

Talking of the World Cup, I think the USA have grounds for an appeal or replay of both their game and the Panama one.

America went out by losing and Panama winning but one of Panama's goals didn't even cross the goal line and the ref awarded it.

daftladguy

Vital 1st Team Regular
Same as loads of lads, an excuse to get out of the house for a few pints.

Will see the players, wifes and hangers on built up as being able to compete.

Knocked out early, Manager sacked, FA investigation etc.....

Back to square 1, with no chance of ever winning anything.......

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
with Joe Hart as our 'keeper, we've no chance.

Irrespective of anything else, with this bloke in goal - it really does equate to zero possibility from the off.