England Winter Cricket thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

In a nutshell his career there GB.
Leaked runs at 8.6 an over and not quite good enough to claw them back!
Lol. I think nerves kicked in a bit then he realised just how close he’d taken us. Highest score of 15 before today.

I knew he’d have a good knock as soon as I slagged him and his brother off. Maybe they both should have played. :whist:

Meanwhile...over in the hotbed of football that is Albania

Lol. I knew he’d have a good knock as soon as I slagged him and his brother off. Maybe they both should have played. :whist:

Meanwhile...over in the hotbed of football that is Albania
I hesitated twice this series to post that 'any team with 2 Currans in it isn't up to much'.:cool:

When Sam is at best average it beggars belief how his brother gets a game particularly when you realise David Willey, a left arm swing bowler like Tom, was dropped from the squad to accommodate Archer and now doesn't even get a mention.

I hesitated twice this series to post that 'any team with 2 Currans in it isn't up to much'.:cool:

When Sam is at best average it beggars belief how his brother gets a game particularly when you realise David Willey, a left arm swing bowler like Tom, was dropped from the squad to accommodate Archer and now doesn't even get a mention.
I know. There’s a few players like Willey who’ve just dropped off the England radar without doing anything really wrong form wise.

Regarding these three series, I think India fully deserved the wins. We’ve played very well in some games but I think they’ve just had the edge. Generally entertaining stuff although the slow play and gamesmanship at times has been shocking. I hope it’s not a sign of what’s to come in the ICC.

I know. There’s a few players like Willey who’ve just dropped off the England radar without doing anything really wrong form wise.

Regarding these three series, I think India fully deserved the wins. We’ve played very well in some games but I think they’ve just had the edge. Generally entertaining stuff although the slow play and gamesmanship at times has been shocking. I hope it’s not a sign of what’s to come in the ICC.

It's certainly filled some time with competitive cricket this winter thankfully and India are very strong.Cricket certainly is a homers game though and I reckon we will do them over here this summer- in the tests that is- the T20 is much more of a lottery and everyone will be concentrating on the WC in India.

Hopefully we will be back to neutral umpires and match officials ( particularly 3rd umpires) by then. India's BCCI is so strong, so powerful ( led by the money generated there) that the ICC is in thrall to them. Witness the ridiculous decision that the 2 day test match pitch was deemed to be acceptable and the ICC never intervened.

Kohli might be a little less arrogant away from home but will be looking to perform better than he has done this winter- as will Joe.

A pal of mine text me a couple TT, no real surprise, I just wonder if they all wear Buttler tinted glasses !!!
They must do RAB- they failed to comment on his keeping - he'd have ended up with 0/10 if they had:p

Jos Buttler: 1/10
17 runs @ 5.66, SR: 68; no fifties
HS: 15

An uncharacteristically poor series for Buttler in ODI cricket, one in which he never really got going at any point