England will win the 2016 Euro Championship! | Vital Football

England will win the 2016 Euro Championship!

spur67

Vital Champions League
Okay.

Maybe a little over the top, but I can honestly see a possible semi final spot for Woy's men.

We have some excellent young talent.

Clyne, Barkley, Stones, Ox, Shaw, Sterling and Berahino. Added to which there is Lalana, Welbeck, Sturridge and the experience of Hart, Rooney, Milner and Cahill.

I've seen little better around Europe, and if we can keep developing and integrating the youngsters, we may finally make a breakthrough on the international front!

steveperryman - 18/11/2014 21:37

No but i reckon they'll go far. Always thought we'd improve once we moved on the blaggards like Lamps & Stevie G.

Agreed. Without Lampard and Gerrard it looks like the shackles have been unlieshed and there is no fear factor. Could be abright future. Personally I cant see what Woy has done wrong.

We have been playing some decent stuff recently and he isnt frightened to give youth a chance. Besides, who else is there out there?

spur67 - 18/11/2014 21:42

steveperryman - 18/11/2014 21:37

No but i reckon they'll go far. Always thought we'd improve once we moved on the blaggards like Lamps & Stevie G.

Agreed. Without Lampard and Gerrard it looks like the shackles have been unlieshed and there is no fear factor. Could be abright future. Personally I cant see what Woy has done wrong.

We have been playing some decent stuff recently and he isnt frightened to give youth a chance. Besides, who else is there out there?

Out of the WC inside about 6 days , stunk out the last Euros, wot has Woy done wight would be a better question.

Echo Big Chiv's sentiment - which of the England's last opponents have been from the top tier of world football ? Granted the youth are coming on strong but so are the others' youths and with a smell of success.... Woy or no Woy- the future for England does look bleak.

lol on what evidence? They were very lucky to beat Slovenia the other day. England are shite. They will bottle it like they always do.

A win against the mighty Scots and England are back, do me a favour. Scotland don't have one good player any more.

Poppycock........

Trouble with England is its a double edged sword. On the one hand we live to see blood and guts football. Last night was a prime example. Scotland are shite, they will never win anything so why are we measuring ourselves against them? Yes they can raise their game in any one off game but so can Carlisle United in the FA cup against Spurs. Would we then measure ourselves against Carlisle United?

Scotlands players are not comfortable enough on the ball, especially in defence. This allowed Rooney & wellbeck to trample all over them and block their path out of defence. It meant our defence could get their shape and our midfield to over run theirs. Does this all sound familier for our own blueprint to success?

Trouble is when you play a better team. They don't lose the ball easily in defence. They can make your front 2-3 players work their butts off for no reward. They can take their time and manipulate your team into the wrong shape and then BAM, hit you where it hurts.

We could have a front line of Olympic sprinters but the old adage stands, you cant run faster than the ball. We will blow a gasket against better sides wether we are talking England or Spurs.

That's why Woy and co have had England becoming boring compact sides. When the opposition have the ball we usually regress into a compact shape which is harder for the opposition to breakdown and try to hit them on the counter.

Not saying I don't wish for a return to blood and guts football. Hell I think it could click in that one tournament and we would be over the moon. But don't be surprised if we get a few spankings along the way.

spur67 - 18/11/2014 21:28

Okay.

Maybe a little over the top, but I can honestly see a possible semi final spot for Woy's men.

We have some excellent young talent.

Clyne, Barkley, Stones, Ox, Shaw, Sterling and Berahino. Added to which there is Lalana, Welbeck, Sturridge and the experience of Hart, Rooney, Milner and Cahill.

I've seen little better around Europe, and if we can keep developing and integrating the youngsters, we may finally make a breakthrough on the international front!

Gary Cahill is our only half capable CB. We are woeful at LB and Sturridge fitness is very suspect. The best they will do is a Q final if the draw is kind. Find a LB, CB, blood Berahino and get real competiton for Joe Hart. Mostly the manager has neither the flexibility or imagination to win big games. The positives are small but there however in that quality technically of some younger English players is going the right way.

Real Deal - 19/11/2014 08:52

lol on what evidence? They were very lucky to beat Slovenia the other day. England are shite. They will bottle it like they always do.

A win against the mighty Scots and England are back, do me a favour. Scotland don't have one good player any more.

I wasnt baseing my thoughts on last nights game. I have thought for a while that we were looking good for the future. The WC was a disaster, but could have gone our way with a bit more luck and endeavour.

I have never known so many promising youngsters breaking through into the squad.

I'll remind you all of my views at the end of Euro 2016. :17:

I thought, despite it being only Scotland, that England played at a fine pace and high tempo and all trying 100% to win the ball back when they lost it...I thought when Mopo came to Spurs, that would be how we would play at Spurs...how far off the truth is that!

Just watched the game. To be fair to England they played quite well.

greavsie the reason they gave 100% and played at a good tempo is because Woy picked players who fit the system and players that graft. Hart, Clyne, Cahill, Shaw, Milner, Wiltshire, Downing, Welbeck, Rooney, Oxlaid are all grafters. They show passion.

Most importantly Woy had the balls to finally change the system. 433 has been England's best chance of success for years.

We spurs still don't have players that fit the system or players that give 100%. Compare England's starting 11 to ours and you will see the difference in work rate and desire.

Gerrard, Lampard, Cole retiring is the best thing that could have happened to England. Woy now can experiment and change the system. He can finally play the best team rather than the so called best players.

But mopo continues to insist on the names playing in the pl....if levy gives him licence to buy players of his choosing...then we will see the type he brings in....names or passion / grafters...

spur67 - 19/11/2014 17:40

Real Deal - 19/11/2014 08:52

I wasnt baseing my thoughts on last nights game. I have thought for a while that we were looking good for the future. The WC was a disaster, but could have gone our way with a bit more luck and endeavour.

I have never known so many promising youngsters breaking through into the squad.

I'll remind you all of my views at the end of Euro 2016. :17:

Whilst I think winning 2016 is a big stretch, it's also not beyond the bounds of possibility - we do have a tremendous crop of players coming through, and surprisingly (well for me at least!) Woy has had the guts to discard the old camp and start using them.

For most top class European teams you do need a couple or more of truly top class players that can deliver when it matters, and I think they are beginning to emerge namely Sturridge / Walcott/ Welbeck/Wiltshire/Shaw where we are weak is at CB...

Anyway, it is a long shot, but see no reason that this current crop can't put the disappointments of the past behind them and make a really good account of themselves at the Euro's - the key will be if Woy can get them truly playing for each other rather than for themselves.