England vs Belgium June 28th, 2018 | Page 3 | Vital Football

England vs Belgium June 28th, 2018

Dier was terrible tonight. Poor passing, poor positional play, poor marking.

The second string are second string for a reason. Looks like Gareth has called our best 11 right.

I haven’t seen the game yet but I intend to watch at least part of it. But why do you think Dier didn’t have a good game? Is it poor coaching, and does Dier need a leader in the midfield? In this game, he was up against Moose. Could that have thrown him off his game?

There’s little you can say but that we were DIER. OK we put out our B team. I just hope the A team is fit and match fit ready too. There is this that most of our players are rested now. Roll on Tuesday.

I haven’t seen the game yet but I intend to watch at least part of it. But why do you think Dier didn’t have a good game? Is it poor coaching, and does Dier need a leader in the midfield? In this game, he was up against Moose. Could that have thrown him off his game?

Dier just wasn't at the races. He was captain. Moose certainly owned him. He owned all of England's players. Nothing new though.

What I Saw last night is what we already knew. Moose sat on his bum for a nine days having a swim is and a bit of gym work, is a boss he's a titan.England never got close to him. Sadly we play a bit more than that in the EPL.

Don't think you can take much from that game. as more a less a neutral, with a little bias for England, it really was a game for the bench.

Dier wasn't bad on a relative basis. It wasn't a good game of football.

And as far as Dembele goes, so what. Looked like another one of his unproductive Spurs games.

Don't think you can take much from that game. as more a less a neutral, with a little bias for England, it really was a game for the bench.

And as far as Dembele goes, so what. Looked like another one of his unproductive Spurs games.

Yep, spot on 80.

Dembele's role is to the lay the platform, on this occasion for his countryman Januzaj to produce.

I always felt Poch should have a look at Januzaj. He has loads of talent. I would rather him than an unknown-er like Plea.

I'd say despite being a dead rubber, the bench/fringe players should've taken the opportunity to impress and be vying for the A team. Dier, as a captain, (a leader?) should have led by example. I think his WC is over. May come in useful if we need two DM's to close out a game. Rose on the other hand showed why he may be a better option than Young....who is not so young!