England v Slovakia | Vital Football

England v Slovakia

ME2blue

Vital Squad Member
I can see another possession based performance and a 2-0 win, top of the group, easy. Predictions?

:1:

I don't think it'll be easy. But it should be fairly comfortable. 3-1 for me (We are bound to conceed - I am always surprised people seem to complain about our defence and then predict we'll get clean sheets all the time)

Interesting to see some of the press suggesting that Hodgeson will rest a few players. I've seen there could be as many as 5 changes which would be a lot. Not necessarily bad, but it would need to be managed well. We certainly don't want any complacency as we could end up in 2nd place in the group which means a potentially harder game in the next round.

Vardy and Sturridge could be 2 of those changes (hopefully), It will be a hard match with them using a 10 man defence, looking for 3 goals but any win will be excepted.

and what's the idea of discussing football on this board,

Agree Vardo and Studger to start (Adam Lallana confirmed it is "Studger" rather than the "Danno" that i would have guessed). I would like to see Ross Barkley (Barko?) get some minutes. Hopefully we can grind out the point we need to get past the group stage.

Well that was very disappointing. Hopefully in the knockout stages we will play teams who won't keep at least 10 men behind the ball at all times.Of course we are more likely to concede as well. I still can't see us getting further than the quarter finals!

What a load of old Borax. We played to out structure them in the first half.
It did nor work. they were concious of playing to defend.
Unfortunatley. we do not know how to attack!

I thought we were being very cautious not to concede a last minute goal. In the end, we only needed a point to go through and we did that. Wales decided to go for goals and burn loads of energy. They've not played in a tournament since 1958 so seem to have forgotten that you need to ease your way into a tournament! Usually England will get 1 win and 2 draws, and it's usually enough to top the group. I'm sure if this team are made of something then we'll see it as the tournament progresses

A man with all his experience halts momentum by changing a winning side. Jordan Henderson FFS. England look toothless and out of ideas up front.

I've a few issues with some of the clich complaints I've seen from our so called expert fans...

A) Why change a winning team - the starting line up against wales was not a winning team.

B) Clyne- he was one of our better players last night. Have no issue with his performance.

C) think everybody in the country would have picked Vardy and sturridge after how we finished against Wales.

D) we missed Rooney- it was when he came on that we looked devoid of ideas. Before that our midfield was creating things. Yes they may have given the ball away but that's what happens when you try things. Rooney slowed the game down when he came on and kane just doesn't look at the races.

E) Bertrand- again thought he played well. No worse than rose would have done. Got forward nicely and was rarely troubled in defence.

So all in all I've got no issue with the changes that were made when you actually look at them. We changed the team back to the original team in the last 20 minutes and looked worse than we had done in the whole tournement so that for me tells a story.

The first 70 mins we did everything but put the ball in the net unfortunately.