England v Panama thread. | Page 4 | Vital Football

England v Panama thread.

How did the commentators miss the booking of Loftus-Cheek ? It was shown as clear as day on the TV screen,but they seemed oblivious to the fact until much later.

I know most of you don't want to hear this but England had 11 attempts on goal, against one of the worst teams I've ever seen (who themselves had 8), and scored 6 times, including two penalties and a freak deflection. That abnormal rate of return is not going to continue, nor is the success from corners and free kicks.

Played a pub team and scored few from open play. Some people on my social media feed thinking that the World Cup has been won.

Any decent team would have mullered England today. Belgium will be an appropriate test.

World Cup 2014.......England 0 Costa Rica 0 total goals 2

World Cup 2010,,,,,,England 0 Algeria 0
England 1 USA 1 total goals 3

I could go on even back to 1986 with another nil nil against Morocco.

World Cup 2018 England 6 Panama 1 goals in 2 games 8

Not getting ahead of myself BUT let's enjoy today shall we. I have

yep, the test now starts on whether we can defend.

sterling won't get a better chance to stand out and create than today... well played lingard though. vardy, delph and rose did nothing to push into the 11
Yes, a few of our lads on £200k a week had a chance to shine against a pub team and they never got into it.
Lcfc would have wiped the floor with those "Hats"(qualified 3rd behind Mexico and Costa rica)....Rheady would have had a hatrick!

Yes, a few of our lads on £200k a week had a chance to shine against a pub team and they never got into it.
Lcfc would have wiped the floor with those "Hats"(qualified 3rd behind Mexico and Costa rica)....Rheady would have had a hatrick!

They made Bradley wood and Rhead look like angels. The 2/3 players including the captain who play in MLS (league 2 level?) were horrible.

Played a pub team and scored few from open play. Some people on my social media feed thinking that the World Cup has been won.

Any decent team would have mullered England today. Belgium will be an appropriate test.

So what.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and we did, 6-1. Panama finished above the US in qualifying and were there on merit.

I happen to agree we were flattered by the score, but let's enjoy the fact we have 6 points out of 6, and have scored 8 goals. I don't understand why we should be critical of that, and I don't feel the team deserves it. This team has a quite refreshing attitude and deserves more unconditional support - much more than some in the past.

At the end of the day we are not a great team, and therefore we should expect them to be mullered by a decent team. We are more than likely to lose to Belgium and another decent team later in the tournament. That's the reality of it. So let's enjoy our results so far and not let unrealistic expectation get in the way.

So what.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and we did, 6-1. Panama finished above the US in qualifying and were there on merit.

I happen to agree we were flattered by the score, but let's enjoy the fact we have 6 points out of 6, and have scored 8 goals. I don't understand why we should be critical of that, and I don't feel the team deserves it. This team has a quite refreshing attitude and deserves more unconditional support - much more than some in the past.

At the end of the day we are not a great team, and therefore we should expect them to be mullered by a decent team. We are more than likely to lose to Belgium and another decent team later in the tournament. That's the reality of it. So let's enjoy our results so far and not let unrealistic expectation get in the way.
Spot on
We beat them 6-1 and it's not good enough but Belgium beat them 3-0 and they're world beaters...

How did the commentators miss the booking of Loftus-Cheek ? It was shown as clear as day on the TV screen,but they seemed oblivious to the fact until much later.
Mentioned at start there were technical problems with commentators’ monitors, although we could see the replays they couldn’t

Based on tonight, we don't want Columbia (assuming they get through). Think we would do better than the Polish no-show, but they look decent going forward