England v Panama thread. | Page 3 | Vital Football

England v Panama thread.

Always said Stones was pure class ???. Fair play to him, scoring two goals is great. Mind you, bear in mind it is Panama and he did give away posession with one of his trademark casual passes. Important thing is he has done his job and we are 5 - 0 up at HT (did I really just say that???????

I went to London yesterday and the train was at least 101 minutes late (that is the last update I heard, so not sure whether it ended up later), and we didn't leave Newark until just before 2am after waiting for two taxis.
So with your FB posts the line has come back under government control yesterday.

Predict a hiding for us when we come up against a decent footballing sides.
so casual coming out of defence....Stones less said about him as a defender the better,middle name mistake!
spot the outstanding passing move we had in the 2nd half which ended with us going nowhere and passing into touch when there was no pressure on the man on the ball.....inspirational?

so casual coming out of defence....Stones less said about him as a defender the better,middle name mistake!
spot the outstanding passing move we had in the 2nd half which ended with us going nowhere and passing into touch when there was no pressure on the man on the ball.....inspirational?
yep, the test now starts on whether we can defend.

sterling won't get a better chance to stand out and create than today... well played lingard though. vardy, delph and rose did nothing to push into the 11

At 6-1in a tournament in that heat and humidity, a few sloppy passes are understandable. Gets serious from here on, but England qualifying after 2 games - give them credit, not petty sniping.

I've just worked out, England's goal diff is 8-2 and Belgiums goal diff is 8-2. if we draw against Belgium, does anyone know how they determine who is 1st and 2nd?

At 6-1in a tournament in that heat and humidity, a few sloppy passes are understandable. Gets serious from here on, but England qualifying after 2 games - give them credit, not petty sniping.

Completely agree. Cracking first half..job done then game management for the 2nd half in very humid conditions. Potentially 5 games left so energy conservation essential. Some people expect so much!!

Nice to go into Thursday's match with not too much resting upon it. Being the very last game we will know the full knockout path by kick off. It might be that second in this group might be better than first when you look towards the quarter finals as Brazil are the likely opponents of our group winners by then.

That said this tournament is wide open and England are in that discussion whomever we play