England v Pakistan | Vital Football

England v Pakistan

Frustrating day with the rain in the afternoon and evening. I think this will be a tough test for England.

England 92-4. Looks a good game this one.
With England very second best. Some good batting from Pakistan compounded by those expensive errors by Buttler yesterday. And now England being given a thorough going over by some very good young quicks.

England 141-5 and can you believe it, on what it supposed to be the hottest day of the year, Rain Stops Play. !!!!!

It’s gonna be some batting effort to chase down 250+ in a fourth innings against that bowling attack.

England 141-5 and can you believe it, on what it supposed to be the hottest day of the year, Rain Stops Play. !!!!!
Yep. Having just put some washing out, I was getting a cold one out of the fridge to relax on the patio and it belted it down for about 5 minutes here.

All set up for a cracking day tomorrow with Pakistan leading by 244 and only 2 wickets left.
Those last 2 wickets cost 32 rapid runs as the tailenders came out swinging and connecting. An expensive first few minutes which probably puts the target of 277 out of England's reach given the quality and variety of Pakistan's bowling.

Those last 2 wickets cost 32 rapid runs as the tailenders came out swinging and connecting. An expensive first few minutes which probably puts the target of 277 out of England's reach given the quality and variety of Pakistan's bowling.

It is going to be tough to get 277 in the fourth innings at Old Trafford, but could get entertaining if the top four can lay a good foundation.

I always worry about Yasir Shah in situations like this. If the stars align he could have a party.

England will do very well to win this. We are short of a batsmen and no.6 and no.7 are too high for Buttler and Woakes.