England v Kiwis | Page 9 | Vital Football

England v Kiwis

Never seen Joe so angry on the pitch after that one . That's a couple this series now,very unusual- although he would have had one more if Foakes hadn't dived acros him yesterday.
Bowling's been too wayward Stoke's batting like a T20 and now got bowling figures to match- 4 overs for 30

Good point Bully. Re starting after an overnight break slows you down.
Are you talking about cricket or summat else in your answer to Bully TT?:giggle: Yes i saw that one where Foakes dived across our Joe but i have to say from what i've seen Foakes has looked a very good keeper/batsman in this series so far but i've only seen the highlights. UTB

Are you talking about cricket or summat else in your answer to Bully TT?:giggle: Yes i saw that one where Foakes dived across our Joe but i have to say from what i've seen Foakes has looked a very good keeper/batsman in this series so far but i've only seen the highlights. UTB
He is Rod, but, as I put in post 153, when you have a very good all rounder (Jonny) as replacement, is playing a pure keeper really necesssary?
You could have an extra batsman or bowler if you pick a competent all rounder(keeper/batsman).
Obviously that excludes Irongloves !!!- but, with McCullum in charge I wouldn't be surprised if we see him back in the test team.

Joe's drop costs us no runs as Overton strikes!!!!

Been a long time coming today but NZ now 9 down and 275 ahead.
Game on?
Free entry tomorrow - 4 tks per person- apply on YCCC website. I'm number 13853 in the queue! so it will be from the comfort of my armchair.

EDIT- 296 to win- less tah last time. This will be a cake walk!!!!!!!!!:eek:
They have plenty of time/overs 131 so no need for the big thrash this time.
How will they approach it though?

Last edited:
Watched an hour of the game this afternoon. Who taught Crawley to bat..? He's all over the place in front of the stumps and every shot he hits goes in the air. No wonder he gets out cheaply...

Watched an hour of the game this afternoon. Who taught Crawley to bat..? He's all over the place in front of the stumps and every shot he hits goes in the air. No wonder he gets out cheaply...
I don't know who taught him FKB but I do know he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Just watched the highlights nothing said about the 2 catches missed by billings if he’s not quick enough to react up at the stumps then he needs to take a step back, still no idea what all the short stuffs about but it won’t matter should be a stroll tomorrow might even be done for lunch how they’re playing and how the kiwis are bowling !

Just watched the highlights nothing said about the 2 catches missed by billings if he’s not quick enough to react up at the stumps then he needs to take a step back, still no idea what all the short stuffs about but it won’t matter should be a stroll tomorrow might even be done for lunch how they’re playing and how the kiwis are bowling !
Ridiculous to give Billings the gloves, he's a part time one dayer at best.
Because he's not good enough he stands too wide of the stumps to the spinner which forces slip wider to get a view of the ball.That means the fine edges , if missed by the keeper(which he did) tend to go to slips' wrong hand (left hand) and having to move unnaturally to the left to try to get near the ball.
Were they stood finer, with the keeper behind the stumps, those left hand edges would be going straight at the slip fielder's midriff.

A couple of early wickets could make it interesting and the weather looks dodgy from 11- 1.
Can Joe get number 28???

It really doesn't get any better than that for a Yorkshireman.
Free entry, Joe & Jonny put on 111 as England get the 113 needed in 66 minutes to win the series 3-0.

Only downer is that Jonny's magnificence prevented Joe getting his 28th Test century.:p