England looking good......... | Vital Football

England looking good.........

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
now they've gone back to wearing Navy shorts. Old school, love it :35:

Oh and they're playing quite well too.

Quite neat and tidy but still no real threat or end product. An enjoyable watch though (until five changes after 55mins).

Nobby, are you having a laugh? This is the worst Dutch team by a mile that I've ever seen. ITV commentators creaming themselves over a very ordinary England team. Some sloppy play that will get murdered in the world cup.

I gather our patriotic "fans" have been doing us proud too. I look forward to what the Russians will do to this scum in the summer
A shame for the proper England fans.

Fucking hell, calm down 58

I said "quite well". Didn't exactly w**k myself off over it.

And the shorts do look better in navy

Excellent point about the navy shorts. It actually looks like England playing for the first time in about ten years. Spare a thought for the poor Dutch, though, who are suffering terribly from malevolent kit designers.

Looked like a good run out, although you can never read too much into these games.

I agree about the proper kit Nobby.

My son and I were wound up by Clive Tyldesley w*nking over England's performance. The Dutch were appalling until we scored. So many misplaced passes when under no pressure. An insult to the "Cruyff" stadium.

England need someone of Lovell's special powers as manager (not blaming Southgate, his job is almost impossible).

You can only beat what is in front if you and England did that comfortably, and with a better final ball would have won by more. We're not gonna win the WC, but I am more optimistic that we will at least go out trying to play football rather than the turgid stuff served up by Capello and Hodgson.

Italy will be a tougher test but as said elsewhere you can only beat what's in front of you. Good work out and neat football against a poor Dutch side.

Agreed. Glad that Southgate appears to have ditched the old guard mentality and is willing to try new and different players.
Although not getting carried away, I'm quietly optimistic about the future.
Dare I predict a quarter final appearance? Yeah, why not?

Apparently before tonight the Dutch has won their last five, and eight out of the last nine (or something similar) - not sure how they failed to qualify with that form, I presume they started poorly. They were very poor tonight but maybe England do deserve some credit for forcing that poor performance from them. England do have a lot of pace throughout the team, it?s weird to think that Harry Kane, arguably our best player, could weaken the team, but hope that isn?t the case.

If Southgate is bold enough to persist with Lingard over Alli and can get Sterling playing somewhere near like he does for City, then we might just get to a QF this year, which would be nice considering we?ve not won a knockout game since Ecuador 2006 :26:

Still not a fan of Stirling. I think being at MCFC makes him look better tham He is. A good squad player, but if I were to bring Kane into the line up, I would drop Stirling.

Shite match, England friendlies are so dull! Holland missing the quality of Van Persie and Robben, who I assume have retired from international football.

I heard on Talk Sport that, in fact, Koeman ditched them when he took over. Can't speak for the accuracy of that but they were saying that both players had been disruptive within the camp. Nothing new for that team
As for England, I honestly believe Southgate has them playing a bit more of an adventurous style of football which will be enhanced with more of the younger players coming through. He said in an interview recently that they are looking further ahead than previous managers so although not brilliant at the moment, slow and steady progress grid name of the game. Honestly think there has been but unfortunately, this has to be mirrored by the public's expectations. We seem to want instant success and, in his country, seem to enjoy it when we don't do well

I know they're only friendlies, and there's no point reading too much into them, for good or for bad, but I see Holland are 3-0 up against Portugal tonight. It's true that they were poor the other night against England, but maybe they're not quite as bad a side as they've been written off as being by some.

It was only a friendly no matter how you dress it up and I sincerely hope the manager doesn't decide his squad on that basis.

Raheem Sterling coming out today and saying what pretty much every england footballer has said when they are asked why england don't do so well in tournements.

Yet judging by the comments on the bbc comments section, the Ingerland idiots still just dont get it. "they are paid millions so should just perform regardless".

I could well do without the biannual slating of the england player's efforts regardless of what effort they've actually put in.

Personally I can't see how the world cup can take place at all .Russia is clearly not safe at present least of all for the English .it is now so late that I can't see how another country can host it at such short notice .Hotels for teams etc being a nightmare trying to sort out venues at this stage would be impossible .I seriously can't see it happening this summer .At least FIFA might finally have to give some answers to some more testing questions .

There is no evidence at all that Russia is unsafe - it's unsafe if you're an ex-spy who defected or an oligarch who upset Putin but, otherwise, there's no indication of it being a trouble spot. In fact, Russia will go out of its way to ensure the WC is trouble-free, I'm sure. The only thing England fans need to worry about is the England fans or at least some of them after the appalling behaviour again last week in Holland.