England in India Winter 2016 | Page 3 | Vital Football

England in India Winter 2016

Oh dear. Records being broken. Highest test score against England. Triple century etc etc. Always feared the worst after we struggled to 477 on a complete flat bed pitch. India know that we can't bowl them out so that's that i'm afraid. Hopefully we will cling on for a draw.

Well that performance beggars belief. Won toss and bat first putting 477 runs on the board for the first innings. All we had to do is bat for a day to get a draw. Good start at 103-0 only to then fall apart at all out for 207. Thats a defeat by an innings and 75 runs. Really pathetic performance with the top order prepared to give their wickets away chasing runs instead of occupying the crease. Heads need to roll in the management team. Bayliss' approach of letting people play their own individual game doesn't work in a 5 day test.

No pride, no application after a good start. We are at a crossroads. Could all go horribly wrong next winter. Spinners not good enough, and the sharp end of the pace attack reaching their use-by date. Some big decisions to be made. Personally I hope Cook continues as captain, Root is a cracking cricketer but is he mature enough to lead by example.

Impecunious - 20/12/2016 16:14

No pride, no application after a good start. We are at a crossroads. Could all go horribly wrong next winter. Spinners not good enough, and the sharp end of the pace attack reaching their use-by date. Some big decisions to be made. Personally I hope Cook continues as captain, Root is a cracking cricketer but is he mature enough to lead by example.

Agree with all of that.