England forks sake | Page 2 | Vital Football

England forks sake

And, if you're colour blind, you can't see the pink ball! ( Gary Ballance can't)

Back when I was in school, I used to regularly play snooker with someone who was colour blind. Whenever the reds ended up spread around the table (which was almost always, since we weren't that good) I had to point out the brown, green and occasionally the pink to him before every shot. When you can see colours normally, it's an odd thing to get your head around that some people can't tell a difference when to you it seems so obvious.

So have i,i used to luv playin Ludo but what's thi point? I've said already on here i prefer Test Cricket and i've said it many times on other Cricket threads on here and BLADESmad.UTMPB
Sorry Rod my point is known to you already - the lOne Hundred and the 20/20 are gimics. And I not fond of the other limited over games.

Last edited:
Soory Rod my point is known to you already - the lOne Hundred and the 20/20 are gimics. And I not found of the other limited over games.
I agree with you Chips BUT the T 20 brings in the crowds-and the money-needed to keep the counties alive.

However the ECB , possibly the greediest sports administrators in sport - it had reserves of nearly £23m at the end of 2016- does not splash the cash to the counties, the very counties it relies on to nurture and develop test standard players ( tests where the money comes from) and so it looks at inventing a further competition to milk the money that it has seen T20 brings in and we end up with The Hundred.

Also the ECB, unlike the rest of the cricketing world does not have a lucraive franchise competition ( IPL, Big Bash etc) so decided it would make it's competition different - why???

I hope it fails miserably , it's pointless, it's going to cut down the 4 day matches counties play to 14 ( to develop test players) , i's marginalising the other one day competition as players will be away with the franchises and the domestic ODI will be played by second XI players - at the same time too!

So we spent 4 years concentrating on the 50 over World Cup and the very next year we devalue the competition by introducing the 100 to be played at the same time.

The ECB make the FA look competent.