England forks sake | Vital Football

England forks sake

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in't 20/20 match v Sarf Africa.Lost by one run when Morgan foolishly got himself out they needed 7runs from 7balls.UTMPB

Last edited:
Couldn’t believe what he did Ali was no better tryin to finish it with a one shot flourish instead of just getting the win excellent bowling at the death tho from ngidi

Couldn’t believe what he did Ali was no better tryin to finish it with a one shot flourish instead of just getting the win excellent bowling at the death tho from ngidi
Captain Morgan was more to blame cos he was well set and had just hit 14 from 3 forkin balls.England chucked it away.UTMPB

Good to see Buttler making such a success of his new role as opener.

FFS what is it with him- the Sky pundits saying what a great opener he is . Just how many times has he opened in any form of cricket?

He must have caught all the pundits in a male group gang bang because he sure has something over them.

BTW did you see him keeping to Rash? David Blunkett would doi better with a candy floss fireguard

Good to see Buttler making such a success of his new role as opener.

FFS what is it with him- the Sky pundits saying what a great opener he is . Just how many times has he opened in any form of cricket?

He must have caught all the pundits in a male group gang bang because he sure has something over them.
Not a fan then TT?:giggle: UTMPB

Not a fan then TT?:giggle: UTMPB
Not really.

I just can't fathom it . Jonny gets dropped from the Sri lanka tour

Foakes best wktkeeper and as good a bat in tests as Irongloves is going as cover for Buttler.

Jonny ,2nd best keeper and better red ball batsman than Buttler is sat at home.

Butttler 3rd best keeper ( of those 3, probably equal 18th in England) gets the gloves and is the poorest red ball batsman.

Jonny , after being told to go and improve his keeping afew years ago, did just that and was more than competent behind the stumps. He's now been told to forget the wicketkeeping and concentrate solely on his batting in red ball cricket. Last time they went to Sri Lanka Jonny was out of favour and not very happy about it. They then get injuries and Jonny comes in at number 3 and scores a magnificent, match sving century. Now he's not even considered

He then goes to SA and plays in all 3 formats and is told he needs to be 'rested' so no Sri lanka trip.

Muddled thinking or an agenda???

BTW why did Jonny, the regular T20 opener have to dop to 3 for Irongloves to open?

If you were a but cynical you mght think they are trying to p!ss him off

Buttler is garbage....There I said it......

No doubt he'll be exxonerated from any blame....He has more lives than three cats put together.

Buttler is garbage....There I said it......

No doubt he'll be exxonerated from any blame....He has more lives than three cats put together.

But he speaks very nicely and sometimes he hits the ball a long way with some funny shots.

RAB , its just wierd how he gets away with it . He's as good a keeper as Alan Fettis was.

Captain Morgan sees England home wi a brilliant innings.We win 20-20 series 2-1.UTMPB
Bugger I’ll not bother watching the highlights then 🙉
forgot all about it as I was taken mrs to a care home she’s gone in for a weeks respite, could have been tonight’s viewing that 👀

I read with interest, the comments (BBC Cricket page) on the selection, or otherwise, of Buttler for the Test Team, overwhelmingly they say he should concentrate on White Ball Cricket.....Not just a few of us that think that way, now if we can just convince the Test Selectors.......

I read with interest, the comments (BBC Cricket page) on the selection, or otherwise, of Buttler for the Test Team, overwhelmingly they say he should concentrate on White Ball Cricket.....Not just a few of us that think that way, now if we can just convince the Test Selectors.......
Poor owd Buttler gerrin trolled on here,dint he score a half century in't last 20/20? UTMPB

Poor owd Buttler gerrin trolled on here,dint he score a half century in't last 20/20? UTMPB
Being trolled mainly in comparison to JB and his place in the red ball team although, seeing as Jonny had to make way for the 'hero' to open, I thought I'd check how they did.

T20 v SA over 3 games

Irongloves 70 runs 43 balls S/Rate 172.0

Jonny 122 runs 70 balls S/Rate 174.2

H'mmmm -maybe he'll be wonderful in THe Hundred

Which is shock horror WHITE BALL CRICKET :arrghh:
Yes i know it's white ball cricket ya Knobhead:clown: but mi point is,folk have been more than willin to hammer the fella when he dunt do well but theer's no comment when he duz well,which he did.Has that gone in Knobhead?:giggle: UTMPB

Last edited: