England Belongs To Us | Page 5 | Vital Football

England Belongs To Us

Sorry, Kate. Mischievous Point of Order - how do you know that you are one of the "few female posters" on this board. Be interesting to know what the actual numbers are, just wondered. Glad that Gimmer liked his book, nice of OSK too.
Oh come on Lancs, not the time to nitpick over Kate's perfectly reasonable assumption. I'd happily bet £1000 that less that 20% on this board are women, probably less than 10%. No Tarian, I can't prove it. Another dose of pedantry.

Could be wrong. Could have lots of women giving themselves what are traditionally men's names, like Steve and Mark.
:-)

That's just not true. There are opinions based on reasoned debate and evidence etc, and there's unfounded/unsubstantiated stuff that is based on nonsense.

When humans cant agree on facts, which by their definition are undeniable, then you can't have a debate.

This all started with Brexit and Trump.
Well, a poster on this very thread has been asked to provide evidence for their statements. We'll see whether he will

think it started thousands of years ago.

facts are actually - something based on your latest knowledge and information that you have been fed through various inputs lol.

If that's your attitude to facts etc, how do you ever make a decision in your life?

How do you know that the food you get at the shop isn't full of nanobots allowing aliens to secretly control you as if you are playing a first person video game, and you just think you're self aware and with free will?

What a strange thing to say. Did I also work for Fansonline and before that Gills Connect?!

When do I get my pay?

Another sly dig at me is it, jokerman. I listened again to 'Positively 4th Street'. Did you listen again to 'The Ballad of Emmett Till'?

You’re a capitalist! You post a link -not even a post, and it’s hi ho, hi effing ho, for the rest of them, brilliant.

Yes I did. Truly guilted.

The Postively… was harsh. I apologize.

Let’s fix up for a pint or two next time I’m over which, sadly, won’t be soon.

Could be worse. She could have been called a "bitch face", but when referencing someone of the right, like Priti Patel, that's quite acceptable apparently!

Whoaaa Steve. I have never called Priti Patel bitch face and nor has CarerKate It's unfair and unkind to take it out on an individual. If Priti Patel was a board member I'd certainly call for an apology and I hope Buddha refrains from using that language. I respect your right to express your views and to call out abusive language, sometimes I agree with you. Be generous and apologise

Oh come on Lancs, not the time to nitpick over Kate's perfectly reasonable assumption. I'd happily bet £1000 that less that 20% on this board are women, probably less than 10%. No Tarian, I can't prove it. Another dose of pedantry.

Could be wrong. Could have lots of women giving themselves what are traditionally men's names, like Steve and Mark.
:-)

In the real world things are often not what they appear to be, all this time I thought that you were a bloke ;)

I did add "mischievous" and I can`t resist responding to assumptions, as in too many person`s lives, they are construed as facts.

Mmmm a £ grand, how many on here will admit that they`re women - we could split the grand - any women - real or otherwise, beards or no beards - please let me know and i`ll start a poll, then we can split 58`s £1000.

You’re a capitalist! You post a link -not even a post, and it’s hi ho, hi effing ho, for the rest of them, brilliant.

Yes I did. Truly guilted.

The Postively… was harsh. I apologize.

Let’s fix up for a pint or two next time I’m over which, sadly, won’t be soon.

No worries.

Would happily have a beer or two with you, you're on.

I'm a capitalist, lol!

If that's your attitude to facts etc, how do you ever make a decision in your life?

How do you know that the food you get at the shop isn't full of nanobots allowing aliens to secretly control you as if you are playing a first person video game, and you just think you're self aware and with free will?

thats my point - you base it on the specific information coded stored in you.
When a new piece of data is input then the previous 'fact' may no longer be a fact to you.
The earth being the centre of the universe was 'a fact' etc so we have to always take into consideration that we could be wrong and therefore at least listen to another opposing opinion before dismissing everything out of hand.

We abuse people that have certain opposing thoughts even though we understand that a computer is only correct as far as the input data is correct.

Whoaaa Steve. I have never called Priti Patel bitch face and nor has CarerKate It's unfair and unkind to take it out on an individual. If Priti Patel was a board member I'd certainly call for an apology and I hope Buddha refrains from using that language. I respect your right to express your views and to call out abusive language, sometimes I agree with you. Be generous and apologise

I shouldn't have called her that.

But I do think that she is a vile crypto fascist and I absolutely despise her. Perhaps even as much as I despised Thatcher (at least Thatch was up front).

With regard to the word I used, I have a female Australian friend who got incredibly upset when I once used that word in her presence. We're really good friends and share very similar politics. And we talked it through

Strangely, she has no problem with the word c***, which most on here, I think, would find far more offensive than bitch. Indeed I expect c*** will be censored whilst bitch won't be. She regularly uses the 'c' word. I often use bitch and bastard, cow or prick, depending on the gender of the person I am (verbally) abusing or being abusive about.

I should refrain from using any of those words but sometimes I let my anger and/or disgust get the better of me. Anybody who knows me, and I hope most of you on here too, are very well aware that I am no mysognist.

Once again I left myself open to be attacked. That's just the way I am; I wear my heart on my sleeve and I shoot from the hip.

This story is though

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/gig-cancelled-after-comics-racist-penalty-tweet-250519/

"Andrew Lawrence, who is known for his right wing attempts at humour, took to Twitter to inform his followers: "All I'm saying is the white guys scored"."

"The 41 year old's vile remarks....."

Is that vile? Really? Vile?

That word's certainly being thrown around a lot today.

She didn't mention "free school meals" - looks like the forum has acquired another vile leftie liar!

I know which one comes closer to my definition of the word "vile".

thats my point - you base it on the specific information coded stored in you.
When a new piece of data is input then the previous 'fact' may no longer be a fact to you.
The earth being the centre of the universe was 'a fact' etc so we have to always take into consideration that we could be wrong and therefore at least listen to another opposing opinion before dismissing everything out of hand.

We abuse people that have certain opposing thoughts even though we understand that a computer is only correct as far as the input data is correct.

When the French came to what is now Minnesota, they kept asking the locals where the real source of the Mississippi was -meaning, of course, the longest tributary. The locals kept saying well there's this one and this one and this one. The French said, yes, but which one is the real one. The locals replied, well there's this one, and this one...Then the French said, moving right along, have you got any pelts? And the miracle of the market place once again bridged the gap. Of course, the whole thing's screwed up, since the Missouri should be the Mississippi by about 20 miles or so.

I shouldn't have called her that.

But I do think that she is a vile crypto fascist and I absolutely despise her. Perhaps even as much as I despised Thatcher (at least Thatch was up front).

With regard to the word I used, I have a female Australian friend who got incredibly upset when I once used that word in her presence. We're really good friends and share very similar politics. And we talked it through

Strangely, she has no problem with the word c***, which most on here, I think, would find far more offensive than bitch. Indeed I expect c*** will be censored whilst bitch won't be. She regularly uses the 'c' word. I often use bitch and bastard, cow or prick, depending on the gender of the person I am (verbally) abusing or being abusive about.

I should refrain from using any of those words but sometimes I let my anger and/or disgust get the better of me. Anybody who knows me, and I hope most of you on here too, are very well aware that I am no mysognist.

Once again I left myself open to be attacked. That's just the way I am; I wear my heart on my sleeve and I shoot from the hip.

Face to face we can find ways to talk to one another that would appear appalling online and still be friendly. Shooting from the hip is best left offline though I admit to trigger happy moments. I agree with a lot of your sentiments Buddha but going for the ultimate descriptions of people and behaviour all the time leaves no margin in reserve for genuine outrage and really bad stuff. I think Baroness Warsi got it about right on Priti Patel's comments, no name calling, no abusive language but her aim was true.

When the French came to what is now Minnesota, they kept asking the locals where the real source of the Mississippi was -meaning, of course, the longest tributary. The locals kept saying well there's this one and this one and this one. The French said, yes, but which one is the real one. The locals replied, well there's this one, and this one...Then the French said, moving right along, have you got any pelts? And the miracle of the market place once again bridged the gap. Of course, the whole thing's screwed up, since the Missouri should be the Mississippi by about 20 miles or so.

Of course, when the French were asking for the real source of the Mississippi their accents probably confused the locals. They were obviously alluding to sauce - of the chocolate variety. As a result of the confusion the French, famous for their original cuisine, failed by around 150 years to prevent American Joanna Droeger from being the first to market Mississippi Mud Pie :cowboy:

Agreed , so why the need to misquote ?
Kate's reputation on here is already in question.
Have you any idea whatever of what a carer's life is like? Most are very professional people who have to run from pilar to post.They do a job that most of us would not want for ten times the salary. They make time for others and rarely have time for themselves.My wife has done the job for most of the last twenty years. It is a job that always gets overlooked. If you had any sort of idea you would appreciate Kate as one day you might need a Kate. I really hope God will grant me this one blessing .Please lord make sure that she is Black as it will finally make you realise that you are wrong very wrong.