England Belongs To Us | Page 20 | Vital Football

England Belongs To Us

We were on a ship Lancs.
They took care of everything (at a cost)
Two days that I’d highly recommend to anyone.
I worked in Copenhagen years ago, sweeper up at Kastrup Airport while travelling and always fancied going back with actual money in my pocket. We really enjoyed it. The Danes are actually very pro U.K. but it’s seriously expensive.
Amsterdam is just great whatever your age.
A lovely friendly city.
My absolute number one is still Florence. Very walkable, pretty safe and astonishing art around every corner.
City breaks are excellent.
Ooh! Forgot about Barcelona. Great as long as you stick to the tourist paths. Stray off and it becomes very dark.
Agree re Florence. Ended up there by mistake as I'd booked three days in Pisa not realising one was more than enough. Nice easy (and incredibly cheap) train journey to Florence so gave it a go. The police there are bloody miserable though, Mrs Nobby asked for a photo with two of them in what I presume was their ceremonial uniform. Even after identifying myself as "Nice police man from London", they flat refused. How rude 😒

But not as much as the misses hated Naples mind.We had astop over after getting a ferry back to the mainland before flying home .Think we spent about 5 hours in the airport waiting as she really didn't want to leave the airport having seen a tiny part of the city.

Good to hear that as I passed on a trip in to Naples when I was holidaying in Sorrento. I was seriously running out of funds having taken in all the other tourist spots like Pompeii, Vesuvius, Herculanuem, Capri and The Amalfi coast. Despite going in November, the mediterranean was like a millpond when we crossed to Capri. A really idyllic holiday and golden memory.

I also liked Florence (different holiday) although my abiding memory was of the sculptures of well endowed female figures draped round each other as well as sundry males. A perfect breast here melding in to a buttock there. Studied for educational purposes only, you understand :rolleyes:

Ahem, I remember a lot of expensive shoe shops there as well.

Agree re Florence. Ended up there by mistake as I'd booked three days in Pisa not realising one was more than enough. Nice easy (and incredibly cheap) train journey to Florence so gave it a go. The police there are bloody miserable though, Mrs Nobby asked for a photo with two of them in what I presume was their ceremonial uniform. Even after identifying myself as "Nice police man from London", they flat refused. How rude 😒

I'd like to meet the man who designed some of the uniforms worn by Italian policewomen. First question, how on earth did you get away with it?

I did see an interesting statistic earlier, apparently Premier League monitoring of racist abuse has shown that around 70% of racist abuse on social media originates from outside of the UK.

This is based on previous cases, not the recent stuff related to the EUROs

It’s not really relevant which country is more or less racist than another.
Racism is alive and well all over the world.
I have a white friend who lives in a Caribbean island and his experience is that while he hasn’t experienced direct racism, it’s always under the surface, and the racism from the local people to Asians is there for all to see.

The U.K. has it’s fair share of idiots, but that doesn’t make us a nation of racist wankers which is what the ‘comedian’ alluded to.
This country is generally a great place to live (unless you live in London)
Over 5.6 million people from European countries plus millions more from around the world have chosen to reside here so it can’t be that bad, can it.
London IS a great place.to live. Been here for 42 years now. Love it.

"Escape to the Country"? Are you 'avin a laugh?

I'm seriously pissed off with people slagging off London. Just returned from a holiday in the Yorkshire Dales. Nice for a week. Would die of boredom if I had to live there. Need a car to exist too, which we don't in lovely London.

Very rare for me to disagree with you Jogills.
Also nearly spat my cornflakes out when you claimed we don't have any racists on this board. How bad do you have to be to qualify, Himmler?

I'd probably have to admit to some subliminal racism myself, let alone some of those more notorious on this board.

Last edited:
I lived in Forest Hill and Sydenham for quite a few years Lewisham wasn't a bad borough to live in by and large.Never really enjoyed Lewisham itself though or New Cross.Totally agree on Rome hated the place. But not as much as the misses hated Naples mind.We had astop over after getting a ferry back to the mainland before flying home .Think we spent about 5 hours in the airport waiting as she really didn't want to leave the airport having seen a tiny part of the city.
Good man Chris. My missus was born and raised on Sydenham.Hill, opposite Hornimans. I/we have lived in Soithwark, Lewisham, Bromley for the last 40 years. She thinks the Medway towns and Gillingham in particular is a shithole (and boring). I admit I agree but I'm just stuck liking the place due to heritage and blind loyalty (same with the Gills).

I did see an interesting statistic earlier, apparently Premier League monitoring of racist abuse has shown that around 70% of racist abuse on social media originates from outside of the UK.

Oh, that's alright then.
:-(

London IS a great ace.to live. Been here for 42 years now. Love it.

"Escape to the Country"? Are you 'avin a laugh?

I'm seriously pissed off with people slagging off London. Just returned from a holiday in the Yorkshire Dales. Nice for a week. Would die of boredom if I had to live there. Need a car to exist too, which we don't in lovely London.

Also nearly spat my cornflakes out when you claimed we don't have any racists on this board. How bad do you have to be to qualify, Himmler?

I'd probably have to admit to some subliminal racism myself, let alone some of those more notorious on this board.

Gills 58 goes off on one , casting aspersions with nothing to back it up.
Yet again 😕

Also nearly spat my cornflakes out when you claimed we don't have any racists on this board.

There is one particular poster that doesn't like the Chinese, South Africans and Catholics. He isn't a racist though, he hates racists 🙄

I'd like to meet the man who designed some of the uniforms worn by Italian policewomen. First question, how on earth did you get away with it?
Yeah, must have been a man 😁
The get up these two were in (one male one female) was quite spectacular though, hence Mrs Nobby wanting a photo. Their helmets were similar to our traditional beat duty ones but with massive plumes of feathers sticking out of them, quite dandy. 😘

Interesting, but not surprising.

I didn’t say it was OK, I was merely making mention of something which is relevant to the topic at hand.

apparently some security expert said that there is the risk of groups trying to undermine our social cohesion through things like this: https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...aces-up-global-nature-online-hate-2021-07-13/
Ok. Fine.

Read about how Russia did this in 2016 to help Trump to power for similar reasons, knowing what a basket case Trump is and how it would weaken the USA if he became President.

Good man Chris. My missus was born and raised on Sydenham.Hill, opposite Hornimans. I/we have lived in Soithwark, Lewisham, Bromley for the last 40 years. She thinks the Medway towns and Gillingham in particular is a shithole (and boring). I admit I agree but I'm just stuck liking the place due to heritage and blind loyalty (same with the Gills).
I was the other side of the railway line.Through the tunnel by the station and turn right sort of thing. You lived in the nicer part .Although the wife hated Hornimans museum as she dislikes stuffed animal's which is a large part of the museum. I believe actress Miranda Richardson lived in that area somewhere too.

I'm not sure how easy it is to truly identify where posts originate from and it provides an easy excuse. I do know that some reports suggested only a handful originated in the UK. Rather greater a number have already been charged in this country.

I said that, based on what they have posted on here, I wouldn't label any poster a racist. I said that I believe that no one on here would display racist behaviour in public. I can't know of course but that is my belief. Do some of us sometimes show signs of prejudice and discriminatory attitudes, undoubtedly. The thing about that is it's a matter of opinion, there is a wide range and it's possible most of us stray into that territory. I know what I think about others but I know that name calling is unhelpful and counter productive.