Empty seats shock Tottenham boss Pochettino | Vital Football

Empty seats shock Tottenham boss Pochettino

Taricco the yid

Vital Champions League
Pochettino was seen to point to an almost completely empty upper tier ahead of kick-off, seemingly taken aback by the low turnout on a rainy afternoon in the capital.

"I was a little bit surprised that it was empty," he told a news conference. "But I understand that this is difficult – we cannot ask for more from our fans. Of course, it was a difficult day with the weather and everything and it's not easy.

"I am always honest and I was surprised that the top tier was empty."

Now before we jump on the 'we're shit' or 'it was raining and only cardiff' narratives am I right in saying we only have a certain number of matches where we can have full capacity and if we want more we have to go to the council and ask them to raise the limit.

Im sure i read that the top tier won't be open for the man city game as well.

Can @Spursex confirm or deny this.

I know people who tried and couldn't get tickets for this so you're probably right.

Or the demand was too low to open the top tier initially? Either way there were no tickets when some people tried earlier this week.

As I said on the "stadium " thread , Brent Council will only allow a certain amount of full capacity events each year . It was decided that this match wasn't one. The club did put out a statement regarding this before the game . It probably got lost in all the media frenzy about the one billion pound stadium ,ha ha , going tits up bollocks
Man city and Chelsea are being held in reserve as full capacity events

Given the restriction on the number of events that can be staged at full capacity at Wembley Stadium, and with our game against Manchester City on 29 October and all three of our group stage Champions League matches planned at full capacity, supporters are advised that our game against Cardiff City on 6 October will be limited in capacity and all future sales for this game will only be on Levels 1 and 2 of Wembley Stadium.
Please note: Season Ticket holders and One Hotspur members who have already purchased seats on Level 5 for this match will remain in these seats and access the stadium in the usual manner. No further action is necessary.
Tickets for this match are still available to those supporters registered on our database prior to 1 July, 2018 by clicking here...

The statement issued by the club back in September

So not down to lack of interest due to our boring play as some may have suggested. !!

Wembley pitch is suffering due to events other than football. A national stadium should not present a pitch in such a state. For what Wembley is being used for it is outmoded and unfit for purpose. It should be retractable like ours if they want to hold pop concerts and boxing events etc.

So not down to lack of interest due to our boring play as some may have suggested. !!

Wembley pitch is suffering due to events other than football. A national stadium should not present a pitch in such a state. For what Wembley is being used for it is outmoded and unfit for purpose. It should be retractable like ours if they want to hold pop concerts and boxing events etc.

It's a dog of a stadium - it was bad when it was first opened and it's even worse now.

We have the same situation when Brisbane Roar play at Suncorp Stadium (Capacity 58,000 but predominantly a Rugby league stadium). They close off top tiers to reduce security and staff costs, then concentrate the crowd in a more condensed area.

Poch should've known about this prior to the match (do your homework Poch) then his focus would've been on the poor performance and how to change it up instead worrying about empty seats FFS.

They certainly wouldn’t have gone on general sale as those welsh scumbags would buy em.
They tried to cause enough mayhem at the lane when we played them a few years back.
Unfortunately for them them came unstuck.
Horrible place horrible club

As a manager you need to have your finger on the pulse for info. Imagine being asked why the attendance was so low and not knowing. However if you come back with....Brent Council dictated to us ....gives an impression of caring about the fans, an opportunity to thank them for their loyalty and apologise if they couldn't get a ticket.