Emma Raducanu | Page 5 | Vital Football

Emma Raducanu

100% correct , she's British and has been since they moved here from Canada. For some reason I thought she was based abroad,
Probably won't be long before she changes coaches and moves to the US , it's where the sports money is .
Her sponsorship deals will go through the roof she is made for life already

100% correct , she's British and has been since they moved here from Canada. For some reason I thought she was based abroad,

Bromley I think, the BBC were all over her old school and teachers yesterday, wheeling the kids out to say they now wanted to play tennis etc.

She is the only player ever to have won the US Open via qualifying.

Martina Navratilova has been interesting in her praise of her, how great she thinks she is and how she will win many more. If anyone knows, Martina would, as she's without doubt one of the best ever.

TBH all this she's not English stuff makes me shake my head in sadness and disbelief. I bet if her parents had gone to France instead none of this rubbish would be said by the French..

Her parents are both financiers who probably pay a lot more tax than us lot.

That match last night is right up there with the 1985 snooker final as the best televised individual sporting event I have seen.

Last edited:
She is the only player ever to have won the US Open via qualifying.

Martina Navratilova has been interesting in her praise of her, how great she thinks she is and how she will win many more. If anyone knows, Martina would, as she's without doubt one of the best ever.

It was quite incredible really.

Most grand slam winners play 7 matches over 2 weeks.

She played 10 matches in 17 days.... And didn't drop a single set!

She's 18 and this was only her 2nd grand slam
🤯

Yes it's very sad that instead of celebrating a lovely talented young girls success people are banging on about what nationality her parents are. Who cares.
They were legal immigrants. She is British. Obviously brought up well. Educated and trained under our system.
Just wish people would enjoy her success. The press don't help.

TBH all this she's not English stuff makes me shake my head in sadness and disbelief. I bet if her parents had gone to France instead none of this rubbish would be said by the French..

Her parents are both financiers who probably pay a lot more tax than us lot.

That match last night is right up there with the 1985 snooker final as the best televised individual sporting event I have seen.
You mean the French who booed their national football team because they were all black Africans at one point.

I thought they both did themselves proud, in their after match interviews as well.

Yes, for me Fernandez only needed five moments of luck and that could've easily been a win for her and it wouldn't have been undeserved. A very close game, closer in reality than the sets suggest. Both are worth watching moving forward.

I thought it was quite funny in the interviews after when the old guy commented on their "lovely smiles".

My friend made the point would he say that if it was 2 dudes? I had to agree with her, it was a bit of a Father Ted moment. "They all have lovely bottoms".

She does have a lovely bottom to be fair.

But then I'm allowed to say that as I also think Dion Dublin has a great cock.