Emi | Page 2 | Vital Football

Emi

SW is desperate to improve on his terrible 2 windows during last premier league season and vowed to do business early.

He has certainly started well buy selling out best player for less than his true value
to a rival 4 days before window opens. Hitting

This is a real punch to the stomach. Like you said Steve why sell him to a rival? If it was a top team fair enough but Villa? Seriously? Still at least we should see £2.82p reinvested into the team as we get told to be grateful for such wonderful owners that have led up to the brink of administration on several occasions despite being in the Premiership several times also.

If he was going to a decent team fine but a mid-table Villa makes me think what the hell is the point in supporting Norwich? I mean seriously? All we have to look forward to is another under prepared season. I hope Farke does a good job and gets a job a team that will back him like he deserves but he deserves more than he is getting here. What a tin-pot mickey mouse outfit we are. Just what is the point?

Good post TH26 . I agree entirely. What is the point I ask myself as well . I wish Farke well and I hope he keeps us up , in which case I will retain my Season Ticket . However , if we go straight back down yet again , that’s it for me and my ST goes until these Mickey Mouse owners get out of our club . They won’t get a penny of my money if they keep dragging us down and keep destroying our faith and hope.

Ma
Problem is FY, vanilla are ready to pay now and Emi wants to leave now. Arse anal would not pay the extra now and SW wants the money now. The only thing that will show real intent is for us to spend the whole lot on Pereira who wants to leave the Baggues anyway and is an equal replacement.
make them pay 50m imo

I agree with many of the comments about the reports of a deal to sell Emi. However, I can understand to a certain extent the way it’s been done.

it seems pretty likely that part of the resistance to him moving on when we were relegated was an agreement that he could go the next season. If that was the case then he is certain to go this window.

if we were to vacillate trying to squeeze the last million for Emi, it is very likely that our key targets would be lost. Doing the deal early assures the funds to proceed with business.

I understand your thinking Rex, but when we have a commodity in demand and are very unlikely to be in a similar position again, I would have thought that we should hold on tight and get not a last million but several more millions.

The issue with doing this early and having the money ( in principle as I am sure we only have a down payment ) is that clubs selling what we want will not be in a hurry and will definitely hold on to their assets and go for highest bidder.

Experience shows us, our initial offer is usually insulting and trying to attract good quality players to sign for owners without ambition is extremely difficult.
Whilst targets go elsewhere and SW denies our interest, we usually sign players we have not even heard of. They will definitely not be as good as Emi and it remains to be seen if they are even good enough for Premier League.
Example. Drmic.

Did emi do much in the prem for us last time? I can't remember as I tried to wipe that dead on from my mind. He had a good assist rate I believe. Pereira was very good last season and showed he can do it in this league. Webber said that Emi never got any offers last season which makes me think he wasn't great.

Words fail me……to Villa!? Why not sell all our players to our rivals!? Makes no sense to me. At least try and get 50 million for him. Problem is we probably couldn’t compete with the wages on offer. Now I wish I hadn’t voted Emi player of the season.😡
Aarons will be next to go to a rival.

I read that as well Rex , but another site said Blackburn would want £14m for him. Dont know what to believe !
I saw tbst too. His contract is up and they want to cash in on him so have lowered the asking price.

Villa now after ward-prowse if they get him the blimey they'll have a heck of a side.

Grealish- emi- ward-prowse

All behind Watkins.

I will say it again. Put yourself in Smiffs position. Could you sit there and wait for another relegation to happen as all the best players are sold, mainly due to lack of funding as still wanting to cling on to ownership ?

I agree with many of the comments about the reports of a deal to sell Emi. However, I can understand to a certain extent the way it’s been done.

it seems pretty likely that part of the resistance to him moving on when we were relegated was an agreement that he could go the next season. If that was the case then he is certain to go this window.

if we were to vacillate trying to squeeze the last million for Emi, it is very likely that our key targets would be lost. Doing the deal early assures the funds to proceed with business.

I don't think the issue is he is being sold, I think the issue is he is being sold to a team we should be seeing as direct competitors. It's not like he is taking a leap in quality to a team competing to even win something, it's a midtable team that struggled after Grealish got injured.

I don't even mind if we had missed out on some money and gotten him out of the country but instead we are strengthening an opponent and we aren't squeezing every last penny out of a highly rated player that has had an excellent season and selling him to a rival that we went up with and bested that season.

I think it speaks volumes about our defeatist attitude as a club that we seem star struck and question how we could even dare dream of matching a team that narrowly escaped relegation helped by a dodgy decision which meant a goal against them wasn't given and then they went on to finish midtable the following season. We have basically looked at their position and said that "Yeah we can't do that. Let just try get this season out of the way" for what the 4th or 5th time now?

I don't think the issue is he is being sold, I think the issue is he is being sold to a team we should be seeing as direct competitors. It's not like he is taking a leap in quality to a team competing to even win something, it's a midtable team that struggled after Grealish got injured.

I don't even mind if we had missed out on some money and gotten him out of the country but instead we are strengthening an opponent and we aren't squeezing every last penny out of a highly rated player that has had an excellent season and selling him to a rival that we went up with and bested that season.

I think it speaks volumes about our defeatist attitude as a club that we seem star struck and question how we could even dare dream of matching a team that narrowly escaped relegation helped by a dodgy decision which meant a goal against them wasn't given and then they went on to finish midtable the following season. We have basically looked at their position and said that "Yeah we can't do that. Let just try get this season out of the way" for what the 4th or 5th time now?
Happy to be top 26 side remember they said! Ffs

BBC West Midlands newsreader struggled to get Emi’s name right tonight…..they showed him in action. I nearly chucked my G&T at the screen.

Last edited: