Emerson Royal - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Emerson Royal - Player Thread

I welcome his recent form but he has done this before. If I recall correctly he started this season brightly and then fell back to his usual sub par performances. Contes tactics don't help him but he has failed to do the basics so often that he'll have to keep this up for much longer before I'm willing to accept that he has turned a corner

I think Conte's system is what needs to change. Emerson is proving how important he can be in a team if played the right way.

Offensively he is nowhere near level the required.

Them wing backs need to hit double figures with goals and assists. Emerson is nowhere near that 18 months in.

I don't actually blame him. He is a RB in a back 4.

If Conte stays, we need to start rethinking Emersons role here.

Offensively he is nowhere near level the required.

Them wing backs need to hit double figures with goals and assists. Emerson is nowhere near that 18 months in.

I don't actually blame him. He is a RB in a back 4.

If Conte stays, we need to start rethinking Emersons role here.

It's why we bought Porro, but in fairness to Royal he continues to improve and I wouldn't bet against him continuing in that Vein, he's young and inexperienced but learning in the PL fast...and best of all, he now knows he has got to keep improving as he has been to hold his place.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him called up by Brazil and I'm told he's once again committed to a post season stint in Dubai with the same coaches he worked with before - that cost him nigh on a milion (which still blows my mind!), so the man is committed.

It's why we bought Porro, but in fairness to Royal he continues to improve and I wouldn't bet against him continuing in that Vein, he's young and inexperienced but learning in the PL fast...and best of all, he now knows he has got to keep improving as he has been to hold his place.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him called up by Brazil and I'm told he's once again committed to a post season stint in Dubai with the same coaches he worked with before - that cost him nigh on a milion (which still blows my mind!), so the man is committed.
I think part of that reported million spend was getting an oxygen chamber for his house. I doubt the coaches were costing that. If they did, then they certainly saw him coming!

you're right it was, but it's still an investment in himself that he committed to and I think that is incredibly impressive and shows his attitude

It really does. That level of commitment is what you want in your squad. Plenty of above average players have proven to be absolute winners because of their commitment and attitude. Ferguson was an expert in finding those types of players.

I look at Walker as the benchmark for Royal. A player who is widely considered our best RB of recent times. At the same age Royal is now, Walker got 1 goal and 3 assists. Royal is currently on 2 goals and 1 assist. If he can add a couple more assists to his game this season I would say he is on the right track to becoming a key PL RB.

It really does depend on how he is used. We all know he is an old fashioned RB, but he is showing how much he is improving when being used in the same way Walker used to be by Poch. A half-way between a full back and wing back.

It really does. That level of commitment is what you want in your squad. Plenty of above average players have proven to be absolute winners because of their commitment and attitude. Ferguson was an expert in finding those types of players.

I look at Walker as the benchmark for Royal. A player who is widely considered our best RB of recent times. At the same age Royal is now, Walker got 1 goal and 3 assists. Royal is currently on 2 goals and 1 assist. If he can add a couple more assists to his game this season I would say he is on the right track to becoming a key PL RB.

It really does depend on how he is used. We all know he is an old fashioned RB, but he is showing how much he is improving when being used in the same way Walker used to be by Poch. A half-way between a full back and wing back.
He looks like he's worth the time & effort. In all seriousness you don't bin a player like that, you help them along the way.

If he fulfils the potential that is being suggested on here then we've just spent £40m and all of the transfer window signing a back up.

Strength in depth is great but we had more pressing concerns for that sort of money.

If he fulfils the potential that is being suggested on here then we've just spent £40m and all of the transfer window signing a back up.

Strength in depth is great but we had more pressing concerns for that sort of money.

But let's be fair, although Royal had shown glimpses of what was possible, it's only recently that he'd shown it consistently, and the decision to bolster the starting position there would have taken place sometime ago, I can't fault Conte/Paraticci or the club for prioritising they way they did. The fact that this now looks unnecessary is to Royals credit.

I must admit though I'd like to have seen Spence given more opportunities to show what he might be., but we've done it now..

One things for sure nobody can say he doesn't try. Tremendous attitude that's for sure.

I like him, just see him as a better defender than an attacking one. Will be interesting to see where he ends up playing.