Embarrassing | Vital Football

Embarrassing

collioure_bee

Vital 1st Team Regular
That's all you can say really. If ever the happy clappys needed proof that the experiment wasn't working, surely even those with their heads stuck furthest up their arses can now see it has screwed up. Big time.

I still don't understand us not only not moving forward on what we'd built, but changing direction completely when we had the best manager, squad, football and support we've had in my time at Griffin Park. We were one of the best footballing sides in the country and now look at us. Hoping there are three worse sides than us in the division. And I'm not sure there are.

Today was, in the main, gutless. Last week we were brilliant, lady luck shone against us and we were unlucky. The week before we deserved more. Today we were back to the Brentford we'd been seeing at home to Barnsley and at Wolverhampton and home to Fulham. It's getting to be a habit.

We have a great quality striker who is offside so often linesman need to go to the doctor for tendanitis. Surely he should learn the rule? Get back now and then and give us eleven players on the pitch and not just ten. Backed up by Vibe today (and I use the term backed up very loosely). Vibe did nothing. Absolutely nothing except try and beat KK's record of eighty nine minutes on a pitch invisible. Smith cruelly ripped that award from him when he quite rightly substituted him. Woods was awful yet again. What was he doing for their first goal? Not the first time he's done it either. His free kicks were excellent if he was aiming to do damage to the one man wall he managed to hit twice in succession before succeeding to hit second man instead much to the anger of his team mates. Another call Smith got right. Anything good was coming through my outfield mom, Barbet and Sawyers, who Smith then took off. Nico is a player I like but he was ineffective today and I'd have changed him instead. Clarke tried hard and had a half decent game. But whereas we were unlucky the last two weeks. Today we were lucky. Very lucky. Bentley stopped it being the defeat it could have, many would say, should have been.

I reserve the right to criticise right the way to the top because no matter how much money you put in it doesn't mean you are right. And someone was not right to change things, just when, for the first time in my forty nine/fifty years they were going right. That has now been proved. He has to shoulder the blame as much as Smith who is getting all the flack. I think Smith deserves much of the flak he's getting too. He just stands there on the touchline, hands in pocket, bellowing out the odd instruction, doesn't seem to have any motivational skills and seems bewildered as to what to do next. The squad he has to play with is second rate compared to what we had, (and being as I am constantly told to look where we were, I will do just that. We were a promotion chasing team that others feared). How weak is a squad that has KK and Hoffman on the bench, and I am sorry, but I am not getting this KaiKai thing. He's been overblown in my humble opinion.

Something has to change in this next transfer window. We need a good few players of quality to come in and get rid of some of the expensive sh*t on the bench, even if we pay people to take them. If we don't, I fear trips to Fleetwood and Port Vale will be on offer and we won't need to look back to where we once were. We'll be there.

Am I being too moany? Maybe. Probably even. But I love this club and I would rather moan now in the hope that moaning fans will get heard and listened to before it's too late. That said. Just watch, one win and the happy clappys will be out from under their rocks again, asking where the moaners (or realists) are.

Oh well. Burton next. Up the Bees! ;)

Kind of think ( hope!) that we have hit rock bottom with this defeat and something will change. Time maybe for our Danish International to fit into our central defence and give either Dean or Egan a rest or even both with Barbet available. Maybe we will go back to three at the back as performance wise it worked well last week.

Would expect to see Macca back against Burton to give some passion and steel to the midfield as too many in that department have gone missing in action lately.

We had a run like this last season and came back with a long winning streak so here's hoping the same happens again. I am not sure at what point the club will run out of patience with DS, my guess is he has until the New Year at least.

Depressing times. Burton is a real must win game now.

I agree with a lot of what you say CB. Woods has been off the boil for a while now, his passing has become erratic, although he could maybe complain people are not finding the spaces and he's having to play riskier balls.

Dean Smith has played four different formations in the last four games. If the players need an excuse, he's just given them one.

Gone are the days when we let the opposition worry about us rather than the other way around. We set up with 5 at the Back against Brum because apparently they play narrow and reverted to 4-4-2 against Norwich because they play with width. I remember we used to play 4-3-3 and let other teams worry about us. Although we never had a plan B :3:

I'm sure we all hope we go on a long unbeaten run now but I guess many people have reached the stage where they are doubting Smith again, like we were towards the end of March last season. Me included. 5 points over the next 3 games with good performances thrown in will calm people down again, anything less...

I think we all need one or two of these :8:

lose on Sat and the atmosphere will be ugly, those above will throw DS under the bus to deflect the attention that should be back on them. Unbalanced squad, duffers from summer 2015 still hanging around and an air of complacency have put us here. DS deserves pressure too, i've no idea why he selected that side at Norwich, Vibe shouldn't be near it and how can we leave out the captain of Denmark?

We're a mess again and I thought we'd got past all this, I was wrong.

A friend of mine put this together. It's the average eleven we fielded in each of the last 5 seasons i.e. those who played in those positions most throughout the season. I suspect Hogan appears in last year's team mainly because we play one up front and apart from Vibe he played there more than anyone else.

It makes fascinating reading.

Attachments

• team.jpg
    team.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 0
Very interesting, Beefy. Thanks for sharing.

I would like to see the captain of Denmark played in his rightful position which is definitely not left back, Rebel. Vibe was well out of it Saturday and should be dropped for that awful lack of bothering to even break into being warm leave alone a sweat.

Some interesting comments on here and I was seriously expecting some grief for daring to question decisions made on high. I said it when they were made and stand by them. God knows I wish I was saying sorry.

The FA Cup draw hasn't helped. I would rather have got another side in our division, no disgrace to lose, but possible to win. We are on hiding to nothing. Allen would love to rub our faces in it. Both sides will be in our faces, hassling high, playing high back line, physical. All the things we don't like to play against.