Ellis Chapman Set To Join Cheltenham Town - Your Thoughts In 150 Words? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ellis Chapman Set To Join Cheltenham Town - Your Thoughts In 150 Words?

The BBC site confirms the deal but it's written in such a way that their board only sanctioned it if he was allowed to go out on loan to balance the books???

Cheltenham looking ahead but seems a smidge odd and likely that Ellis won't be close to their first team squad any time soon.

I also suspect any pennies will be based on any future transfer fee Cheltenham receive should he be a success there

The BBC site confirms the deal but it's written in such a way that their board only sanctioned it if he was allowed to go out on loan to balance the books???

Cheltenham looking ahead but seems a smidge odd and likely that Ellis won't be close to their first team squad any time soon.

I also suspect any pennies will be based on any future transfer fee Cheltenham receive should he be a success there
i think you misread it. they will send other players out on loan to balance the signing of chapman.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54561159
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/october/robins-welcome-another-new-arrival/

I hope now he’ll be okay moving to Cheltenham as Leicester was a bit too far when he was younger.
I imagine he’ll have a bit of catching up to do match fitness wise

Good luck Ellis - I hope you‘ll be happier and achieve something of your potential.
Have to say In some ways I’m surprised. DC always said Ellis could be anything he wanted. From his performances he always showed a lot of ability but never seemed to step up a level, which is a shame. He clearly has the physique and class to be an excellent player. The thing I find strange is that I would have thought MA was the perfect coach to really bring him on, given his ability to bring on youngsters. Maybe there was something he saw in Ellis’ mental approach or character that was holding him back, or maybe it was that Ellis just ran out of patience with the club and wanted something fresher or needed more first team football, which he did. I just hope it wasn’t a case of him believing DC too much and feeling entitled to a place in the first team instead of working for it.

I think there is a player there but he needs to be much more aggressive in his play and get involved a bit more.

You couldn't pin him down to a type of midfielder either could you?

He's not box-to-box, he doesn't score goals, he's not defensive minded, nor particularly attacking minded, not particularly quick, not physical either.

At that cross roads where most his age get to where he needs to decide what he wants to be or a manager tell him what he's going to be and work on that.

You couldn't pin him down to a type of midfielder either could you?

He's not box-to-box, he doesn't score goals, he's not defensive minded, nor particularly attacking minded, not particularly quick, not physical either.
That hits the nail on the head for me. Some fans thought he had ability, but as what, exactly? No goals and no assists in 31 appearances is a disappointing return for any player, especially for a midfielder supposed to have passing ability.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and he has a great career. But can he ever be considered 'the one that got away', even if he does? Not really. It wasn't as if he had no opportunities (such as JAS).