Electric Cars | Page 3 | Vital Football

Electric Cars

CanadianSpur - 10/1/2018 20:40

80deg16minW - 10/1/2018 10:10

New kid on the block:

https://www.karmaautomotive.com/#capsule

I'm not sure Karma is really new. Isn't it just Fisker under new ownership?

The car certainly looks like a Fisker Karma (Which if I recall, had an annoying habit of catching on fire)

The company is new and viable and well financed.

The Karma vehicle is a hybrid not a true electric. And at $130K USD wont move the needle in electric adoption. It remains to be seen if Karma can make a go of it. I don't see it being anything more than a niche player.

CanadianSpur - 11/1/2018 17:42

The Karma vehicle is a hybrid not a true electric. And at $130K USD wont move the needle in electric adoption. It remains to be seen if Karma can make a go of it. I don't see it being anything more than a niche player.

That specific model I would agree with the niche comment.

The Chinese are diving into the market in multiple ways. The Revero will be fully electric by 2021.

Nick Real Deal - 11/1/2018 18:06

I read there is an E Formula racing series. Electric powered . They look like normal racing cars.

140 mph and 0 - 62 in 3 seconds. Apparently the big teams are delving into it. I guess a pit stop is tyres and batteries !!

Remember the old dodgems with a spike running up to a metal grid roof. Lots of fun but somehow scary with that electricity when you think about It, we didn't of course.

Fully Charged
For Americans who took the plunge and purchased an electric vehicle back in 2008, the move was fraught with risk. Battery life was certainly one issue, along with the fact that only one model was available for customers in the first half of that year, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance. The country's charging infrastructure also presented a serious challenge to drivers with the U.S. boasting a mere 430 charging points in 2008. What a difference a decade makes. In 2017, people planning on following the electric route had a choice of 25 battery-electric vehicles. By the end of 2017, the number of charging points nationwide had increased drastically to 47,000. Read more.

YES!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was cruising along in my trusty transit diesel on the M1 and past an electric BMW, the small one , coasting slowly in the hard shoulder and rolling to a halt . My old chugger got me home. I wondered....hmmm ran out of juice or technical issue? The first electric breakdown I have seen.

BMW not having the best time of it at he moment with a recall problem thought to be electrical issue causing complete shut down with no warning. A guy was killed after swerving to avoid a stricken Beemer that had shut down suddenly and blocked the road.

I observed another incident involving a Tesla I think. The thing accelerated so quickly and silently it overtook me on a slip road joining a motorway. I was accelerating normally to join the traffic at around 60 to 70. This thing came storming past me and then had to slam his anchors on because the traffic was not moving as fast as him on the motorway, he was accelerating on the slip road. I was in my Pug Bipper 1.4 hdi which can keep up with normal cars well enough and do 95 mph plus. How fast does a Tesla need to be ?

In the last few months, DHL ordered a number of Tesla transport trucks. Giant lorries to you.

I was cruising along in my trusty transit diesel on the M1 and past an electric BMW, the small one , coasting slowly in the hard shoulder and rolling to a halt . My old chugger got me home. I wondered....hmmm ran out of juice or technical issue? The first electric breakdown I have seen.

BMW not having the best time of it at he moment with a recall problem thought to be electrical issue causing complete shut down with no warning. A guy was killed after swerving to avoid a stricken Beemer that had shut down suddenly and blocked the road.
Think my BMW is one being recalled. There's been 12 reported instances in 11 years across 312000 vehicles if I remember the data right. In a less regulated industry I'm sure that would be considered a coincidence rather than a manufacturer fault.

That is not cool. The sound of the growling flat 6 is legendary and to swap it for a hair dryer is criminal.

That car was headed for the junk heap I believe. So they recycled it into a green car. We can get you a recording of the Porsche engine to sooth your nerves.