Elbow departs on loan | Page 5 | Vital Football

Elbow departs on loan

I can understand players that don't play being overrated by fans when teams are under-performing, but when we're top of the league and flying? Mental. Clearly, neither Lewis or Elbouzedi are good enough for us at the moment, and it seems like at least one of them never will be. For what it's worth, for every game I've seen either play well, I would say I've seen two that they both lack composure, positional discipline and end product. Headless chickens at times!

Well the games I saw Aaron Lewis play in, I thought he was excellent.
And Elbow has been MOTM in each game he has played.

There is a third option for Elbouzedi's loan, other than simply being let go, or coming back with experience under his belt. He could be going there as a pre-curser to a sale. Bearing in mind he cost us very little, if anything when he came over, it may make financial sense to sell him.

There is a third option for Elbouzedi's loan, other than simply being let go, or coming back with experience under his belt. He could be going there as a pre-curser to a sale. Bearing in mind he cost us very little, if anything when he came over, it may make financial sense to sell him.

As its Bolton, it has to be at least a million as they are such a big big club.
Oh, and actual bank notes please, in a holdall, in advance.

Just been mulling this one over, and I hope the loan is to get him some more experience. Tend to forget probably only played about 10 games, including subs, in professional football?
Having said that I’m struggling to recall players who we’ve sent out on loan who then go on to be successful with us. More often than not seems to be the beginning of the end, least that’s my impression.

Just been mulling this one over, and I hope the loan is to get him some more experience. Tend to forget probably only played about 10 games, including subs, in professional football?
Having said that I’m struggling to recall players who we’ve sent out on loan who then go on to be successful with us. More often than not seems to be the beginning of the end, least that’s my impression.
If we were to get promoted it’s difficult to see him coming back as a player for us.

Yeah it's definitely been the case more often than not. Maybe as we're a step up now that might not be so true now though - if a player gets some good game time at a League 2 team that's a big step up from shunting someone out to Boston or Gainsborough for a bit. Well hopefully.

I remember Beckham giving an interview about being sent to Preston (then in the third tier). He thought at the time that Fergy didn't fancy him and that it was a precursor to leaving United, but it was for exactly what it said on the tin - the chance to play some games and develop.

To be fair to Beckham though, by all accounts he was very good at Preston and proved to lots of people what a talent he was - if only he hadn't kicked that Argentinian. This is a good article for anyone who hasn't come across the story,

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...e-what-i-was-seeing-moyes-nearly-squashed-him

P.S. the video has a nice little dig at John Beck that many on here will sympathise with.

P.P.S. I didn't realise that one of Beckham's 5 games for Preston was against us.
Ah yes we can’t forget that innocent Argentinian (Simeone) falling over like a sack of spuds in absolute agony at the slightest touch of his leg by Beckham 😁😁

That is modern for 90% of this forum

I was going to post something very similar, although since John Ward kissed my first girlfriend in front of the entire school in 1976 (before going on to become her brother-in-law) I went through another 15 girlfriends before meeting my wife 24 years ago, so maybe my perspective is slightly warped.