Elbouzedi & Scully Called Up For Ireland U21 | Vital Football

Elbouzedi & Scully Called Up For Ireland U21

Scully and Zak called up to Ireland's u21s.

Zak needs to play tomorrow now just in case they use the Aaron Lewis rule and state we only have 2 away. Gillingham game could be off now. With our other injuries that might be a bit of a blessing

Zak needs to play tomorrow now just in case they use the Aaron Lewis rule and state we only have 2 away. Gillingham game could be off now. With our other injuries that might be a bit of a blessing
Isn't the rule related to appearances (plural)? Zack has only played in one game so far, although he has been on the bench regularly whereas Lewis had not.

I thought MA said it was to do with being in matchday squads, but I may have misheard him.

Elbouzedi has been named in seven match day squads including one appearance (a start against Scunthorpe).

It's a measure of how far our club has come in recent seasons and the obvious potential of the young players we have that so many are being called into international squads.

A few season ago most of the players we had were lucky to be named in a National League team let alone an international team.

Good news in the immediate i.e. it might be that we can go stronger tomorrow knowing that we have no league game for two weeks and it's only Man City U23's a week Tuesday but longer term that the likes of Jones, McGrandles, TJ, Hopper, Grant can get some time out with Bridcutt probably back from injury by the next game and Monstma/Walsh presumably not too far behind.

perfect timing to have a break, just what we needed with all the injuries and fatigue. just hope they can all get through saturday's game now without any more casualties.

You would have to say that we could really do with the rest for some key players to recover. Strangely good news to have a postponement!