Ehmer to Bristol rovers?.. | Vital Football

Ehmer to Bristol rovers?..

But seeing how you mentioned it, his departure would disappoint many. I like Max and would want him to stay at GFC, though, TBH, I think we would cope just fine if he went. Good luck to him.

Disappointing but not surprising, Bristol rovers reported debts of 24million recently so they are hardly careful with their finances, probably been handed a far more lucrative deal and with that in mind you couldn’t blame Ehmer for moving on. Hopefully though this is all rumours and he will sign an extension with the Gills.

Disappointing but not surprising, Bristol rovers reported debts of 24million recently so they are hardly careful with their finances, probably been handed a far more lucrative deal and with that in mind you couldn’t blame Ehmer for moving on. Hopefully though this is all rumours and he will sign an extension with the Gills.
Crowds of more than double ours will give them more clout. Remember if a club already has players earning double ours they can offer a player a large increase from a club like ours get rid of a high earner and still keep the bank happy because they are cutting their wage bill .I would expect a long list of clubs for Ehmer unfortunately it is unlikely that we will be able to compete.

If he can get a longer deal on better money then he has his family to support. I'd sooner we sold Tucker (banked most of the cash) and used a bit to keep Ehmer. We will probably have a new defence next season - need someone consistent to pull them together.

Rovers have wealthy new owners who have recently written off the entire debt.
They are now debt free.
They are also actively looking for a new ground (sounds familiar).
I think they will be one of the few clubs at our level who may have money to spend.

Sorry, just to clarify, it has been reported that they cleared their debt.
The owners have announced that they have cleared the debt.
We will, of course, wait for WK’s reinstatement so that he can forensically examine their books and confirm one way or the other.

I know SE has said we're going with a younger squad next season but if (and it is only an IF at the moment) ME leaves, with BF being told he's free to find a new club and Burner not being offered anything yet, I do have a slight worry about where our experience within the squad is going to come from to help the younger ones.

Agree with Mark would rather sell Tucker or Ogilvie and use that money to keep Max.

I know SE has said we're going with a younger squad next season but if (and it is only an IF at the moment) ME leaves, with BF being told he's free to find a new club and Burner not being offered anything yet, I do have a slight worry about where our experience within the squad is going to come from to help the younger ones.

Agree with Mark would rather sell Tucker or Ogilvie and use that money to keep Max.

Yeah, I'm in agreement with that too. Max is Gills. Give him a new contract, ffs!

That's a good idea in principle but the fact is that until Tucker or Ogilvie are sold we probably haven't got a pot to piss in.

That's a good idea in principle but the fact is that until Tucker or Ogilvie are sold we probably haven't got a pot to piss in.

We still won't have a pot to piss in if they are sold but we might just be able to offer ME something worthy of keeping him. At the moment I'm not even sure we have a coke can to piss in let alone a pot.

If Ogilvie and or Tucker go I'd imagine most of the money will go into 'running costs' rather than player budget, but without any transfer money coming in i imagine ME will find a better offer elsewhere and no one could blame him for taking it.

I can't see many decent offers coming in for Tucker or Ogilvie, clubs are short of money, and with so many good players looking for a club on freebies there will be lots who end up disappointed.

I can't see many decent offers coming in for Tucker or Ogilvie, clubs are short of money, and with so many good players looking for a club on freebies there will be lots who end up disappointed.
Scally has often said it takes about half a million a year to keep the club afloat. That is in a normal year.So yes prices will be deflated but yes I would still expect at least one to be sold .There will always be a demand for quality and remember there fee and wage costs will still be a lot less than many will simply ask in wages over a few years .Tie them to a long contract and there is a possibility of a large profit too especially in Tucker's case.

I fear next season may become a little unbalanced.
The likes of Ipswich, Sunderland, Posh, maybe Rovers and the clubs coming down could have a little cash to spend but the rest will really be running on a shoestring.

Last edited:
Very frustrating. Our defence was our biggest strength last season and it's highly possible that apart from Bonham we will have a completely different back 4.