Egan to Leeds? | Vital Football

Egan to Leeds?

I think at present it's only rumour but he's certainly not a favourite with Brentford fans

No? Wonder why. He seemed to me (from comments in these boards) that he would always be a fans favorite type player for his effort and elegance/skill on the ball.

From his Wiki page :

'In December 2016 the Professional Football Compensation Committee ruled that Brentford should pay Gillingham an initial net compensation fee of £400,000, an additional £25,000 for every 20 games that he plays for Brentford, up to 80 games, as well as a 20% sell-on fee and a fee of £75,000 in the event that Brentford are promoted to the Premier League within the period of the player’s three year contract.'

Sounds like the PFCC has done us proud.

No? Wonder why. He seemed to me (from comments in these boards) that he would always be a fans favorite type player for his effort and elegance/skill on the ball.
Of cpurse they will use a slighlty different scale to judge standard of skill and elegance on the ball. So while he may have looked good here he may struggle slightly at the top of the championship.

And as for effort, if our own fans are anything to go by putting in 100% effort means little if they don't think youre good enough. Plenty of players have put in 100% effort and slated.

"Originally Posted by sonofabee
We probably had very high expectations after the reviews he received at Gillingham after joining them from a Premier League side. He's solid and played well back half last season but he's limited in his ability to play out from the back and he needs a quick partner in the centre of defence. He and Andreas was an accident waiting to happen against players like Grabban."

North London Bee in response

"Don’t disagree but sometimes I think we get so concentrated on how well our central defenders can play football we run the risk of forgetting that their prime task is to defend.

Egan has developed into a damn good defensive centre half who puts his body on the line.

Personally I don’t think he suits our style of play but he’s tried hard to fit in and definitely improved on the ball.

Will we play the two youngsters together regularly next season as they have pace, skill and strength?

That would be a brave move.

I think we will try and move Egan out and bring in an experienced-ish left sided central defender. Maybe someone better qualified to play left back too until Henry returns."

I get the feeling from looking at a few of their forums that he joined with high expectations from the way we were wowing about him, but he is only average with the potential to make a mistake at the higher level Brentford play at.

From his Wiki page :

'In December 2016 the Professional Football Compensation Committee ruled that Brentford should pay Gillingham an initial net compensation fee of £400,000, an additional £25,000 for every 20 games that he plays for Brentford, up to 80 games, as well as a 20% sell-on fee and a fee of £75,000 in the event that Brentford are promoted to the Premier League within the period of the player’s three year contract.'

Sounds like the PFCC has done us proud.

Do you reckon Brentford would notice if we change that Wiki page to show a 50% sell-on clause?