EFL Trophy Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

EFL Trophy Thread

Fair's fair if the commentators are moaning about Davis.

Playing him and not Traore/Sanson is still well within the true spirit of the competition given his age and experience. Hated nothing more than teams playing fucking seasoned senior internationals whilst babbling about how good it was for their youth players.

Been a decent performance this for me, bit slow and sloppy at points, but that'll happen, clearly the side on top and again, they have made us work for it.

Would like to see more of Archer on the pitch in the first team. I think he’s class, he’ll make it at least at championship level, but I won’t jinx it for the lad and say any higher.

Was impressed with Irobegunum in midfield, gets stuck in, comfortable on the ball and a decent turn of pace

Fair's fair if the commentators are moaning about Davis.

Playing him and not Traore/Sanson is still well within the true spirit of the competition given his age and experience. Hated nothing more than teams playing fucking seasoned senior internationals whilst babbling about how good it was for their youth players.

Been a decent performance this for me, bit slow and sloppy at points, but that'll happen, clearly the side on top and again, they have made us work for it.

Read something on BBC a few weeks back where teams are signing veterans just to play in the U23s now.

Utd signed Paul McShane in the summer. He's 36.

Read something on BBC a few weeks back where teams are signing veterans just to play in the U23s now.

Utd signed Paul McShane in the summer. He's 36.

To be fair there is a method in that. Its to teach the youngsters how to go about being a good pro and passing on advice via their experience in the game. There might be a few raised eyebrows if the play in the EFL Trophy.

To be fair there is a method in that. Its to teach the youngsters how to go about being a good pro and passing on advice via their experience in the game. There might be a few raised eyebrows if the play in the EFL Trophy.

Yeah, that was the reasoning behind it.

It's silly enough that Premier League clubs U21s are in the EFL Trophy, but playing senior players in it is taking the piss. They shouldn't be allowed.