EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 57 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

I tell you what Harry57, put your money where your mouth is. Go to a hospital wards where people are gasping for air and life who are infected with coronavirus. Watch them die.

Better still, Billy big bollocks, get infected and see how you do. I bet you wouldn't be such a cocky fucker when you were begging for oxygen on a ventilator.

I don't at all. The British government lies and distorts information as a matter of course as has been shown time and again throughout this crisis.

Seriously, how naive are you?

Or it is how the media missinturpts the government information becsuse they dont understand it.

look in Germany they were fine one minute and now it looks like part 2 is upon them.

in my view HMG have handled this poorly after an initial decent start. The cause is too many incompetent Ministers including the PM, too many backbenchers lobbying for their own self interest (no doubt they receive payment for lobbying), unelected advisors dictating policy and not enough listening to the experts.

I don’t believe the stats as politicians are liars and there are a significant number of unexplained deaths.

in theory phased lockdown is a good thing however the language from HMG has been deliberately vague. There seems to be a lot of knob heads in this country (equal measures of young and old) who will go crazy and we will follow Germany.

Then there is the winter where it will really bite!

look in Germany they were fine one minute and now it looks like part 2 is upon them.

in my view HMG have handled this poorly after an initial decent start. The cause is too many incompetent Ministers including the PM, too many backbenchers lobbying for their own self interest (no doubt they receive payment for lobbying), unelected advisors dictating policy and not enough listening to the experts.

I don’t believe the stats as politicians are liars and there are a significant number of unexplained deaths.

in theory phased lockdown is a good thing however the language from HMG has been deliberately vague. There seems to be a lot of knob heads in this country (equal measures of young and old) who will go crazy and we will follow Germany.

Then there is the winter where it will really bite!

In reply to your last point, so this is when we want global warming to impact to help stop the spread of the bug during winter. But then we will all die from drowning when all the ice melts. A no win situation.

Last edited:
In reply to your last point, so this is when we want global warming to impact to help the spread of the bug during winter. But then we will all die from drowning when all the ice melts. A no win situation.

the chap from Stamford called Colin has the right idea - build a bunker!

I don't at all. The British government lies and distorts information as a matter of course .

Seriously, how naive are you?

As has every government around the world throughout time immemorial. If anyone believes any politician from any political party would be any different then they are naïve imo.

One thing this pandemic has reinforced for me is that the media and politicians are devious beyond belief. I stopped watching the utter shite spouted on the news and media/social media 3 weeks ago now and feel a whole lot better for it.

Tbh all this political shenanigans and the media are utterly pathetic and I have no time for them. I will leave them to their miserable bitter existence and get on with living my life without giving them a second thought!

People want to look in the mirror before they are quick to criticise. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". If we all lived by that the world would be a whole lot better place.

Last edited:
It seems the two proposed season re-start dates are August 29th and September 12th.

NL PO Final is August 2nd, so either way that'll be a very quick turnaround for the winners.

It seems the two proposed season re-start dates are August 29th and September 12th.

NL PO Final is August 2nd, so either way that'll be a very quick turnaround for the winners.

The winners of the play off might actually have a small advantage in that their players will be slightly more match fit than many. Pre-season games are unlikely to be able to be fitted in as per normal seasons so many teams and players will not be at it straight away.

No sooner than Sept 12th surely, teams will need to get back into training and everyone will have fitness issues. Not to mention ground staff and backroom staff needing to do their thing and some decisions making on the presence or otherwise of fans......

Here's something interesting from Rochdale director David Bottomley today:

"I attended an EFL meeting on Thursday and whilst we have been sworn to confidentiality, it appears that a new season date could be a lot sooner than we all feared, and potentially with crowds in some form coming back the same. I think in the next week we will be able to communicate something on this front."

Here's something interesting from Rochdale director David Bottomley today:

"I attended an EFL meeting on Thursday and whilst we have been sworn to confidentiality, it appears that a new season date could be a lot sooner than we all feared, and potentially with crowds in some form coming back the same. I think in the next week we will be able to communicate something on this front."

Can't beat a bit of confidentiality breach

Although it shouldn't matter one iota - they have just had four months off, the longest summer break football has ever had. If they cannot segue one season into the next, there is something wrong with them!