EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 42 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

So the Tranmere and FGR 'hate in' goes on. For once I agree with stale boy but it is clearly his dislike for Tranmere that is the motivation for the war of words. I'm surprised Tranmere have responded to the baiting. I look forward to seeing how that clash goes in L2 next season.

Tranmere making positive noises about enough clubs have been bribed signed up to get their 'Save Our Tranmere' campaign through the side door. I sincerely hope LCFC will not be voting for their self interest lobby.

Likewise. Stick to the EFL framework, not a different option designed to save them (although I have sympathy with him given the circumstances).

That said, I think the EFL will offer play on and PPG as the only options. Throwing their option in as well means the vote is effectively one option to play on and two to end the season. And that'll throw another spanner in the mix because it reduces the chances of a 51% majority.

I take it their proposal saves them and relegates AFC Wimbledon?
Darragh MacAntony is SSN this morning discussing it all soon.

Worth noting that, it could just be a PR exercise ahead of the vote. Losing £350k a month doesn't sound very Wycombe-like, especially when you consider the story they tell on finances every week.

Wycombe recommend all furloughed staff to look for other employment.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/an-update-from-rob-couhig/

Good luck with that one!

What chance have people got of getting alternate jobs in this current environment. There will be millions unemployed not just here but all over Europe and this country along with virtually all of Europe will be bankrupt!

My friends in France who both work for Renault have been put on notice of possible redundancy as they are shedding 15,000 jobs. There are no new jobs to be had anywhere and as he said the other day on the phone their economy is imploding just like ours!

Worrying times for everyone! I reckon we will be back to the dark days of the mid 70's when I was a kid and doom and gloom everywhere!

I reckon by the time we get back to watching football for those clubs that survive attendance will be 50% of what it was because most people will be skint!

LCFC as things stand at the moment, already have gates of 4,000 + for next season. Has this approx £800,000 of season ticket money been ring fenced ? or is it being used to keep us afloat ? Not heard anything about this, only the loss of games for 'this' season. For a Club that is being well run I suspect it is ring fenced ?

Wycombe recommend all furloughed staff to look for other employment.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/an-update-from-rob-couhig/
All common sense. Surprised they made up wages of furloughed staff, the firm I worked for went straight to the 80% at the beginning of April and have since made staff redundant, while non-furloughed staff have been on reduced hours and pay.

'Alternative employment' options are limited, but not impossible and its reasonable to give staff that advice as they have time to find alternative work whilst under furlough.

Another sensibly run club with a sense of realism.

The club need to be careful with that money as they may need to refund a good chunk of that.

Well I have decided that I will not be asking for a refund on either this seasons ticket or the one I have bought for next season no matter what.

I appreciate that not everyone is in that position and will totally understand those that want a refund but even though it's a struggle for me on reduced circumstances I want to do whatever I can to help the football club I support survive this crisis.

Worth noting that, it could just be a PR exercise ahead of the vote. Losing £350k a month doesn't sound very Wycombe-like, especially when you consider the story they tell on finances every week.
Their situation changed just before the season started. Having reduced their squad and wage bill drastically (with Gareth Ainsworth warning fans about a tough season ahead), they received a takeover proposition from Rob Couhig which resulted in extra investment. They proceeded to rebuild their squad ahead of the transfer deadline, obviously with some well-paid players. I can't remember how much the investment was, or whether that was ever publicised. The takeover was completed in February with his company Feliciana EFL Ltd becoming the major shareholder. It does make you wonder how much they were paying McCarthy, given that they have isolated his name amid anticipated losses of £350,000 per month.

With hindsight, there could not have been a worse time to complete the takeover of a football club.