EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 41 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

Interestingly the Polish league are to allow supporters to go back to watching from the middle of next month. Grounds will only be allowed to be a quarter full to allow for social distancing. Quite how that is going to be policed I really don't know coupled with other groups congregating outside the grouds.

Interestingly the Polish league are to allow supporters to go back to watching from the middle of next month. Grounds will only be allowed to be a quarter full to allow for social distancing. Quite how that is going to be policed I really don't know coupled with other groups congregating outside the grouds.

ok for Grimsby fans then

They should look at today's reporting at Dordle Door. All reasonably spread out until the helicopters had to land, then all squashed together. Then everyone filed together up the steps to get off the beach. for 'helicopter had to land', read 'goal scored', and for 'get off the beach' read ''went to the toilet at half-time', left the ground', 'queued for a bus', 'paid their car parking ticket'.

They should look at today's reporting at Dordle Door. All reasonably spread out until the helicopters had to land, then all squashed together. Then everyone filed together up the steps to get off the beach. for 'helicopter had to land', read 'goal scored', and for 'get off the beach' read ''went to the toilet at half-time', left the ground', 'queued for a bus', 'paid their car parking ticket'.
3 young men seriously injured themselves by jumping off the 200ft arch into the sea - read 'dickheads decided to bait the stewards/police'

The Championship is set to resume season again in late June... Where that leaves League One, no idea.
No change I wouldn't have thought. Although there will be some just not wanting to play on (Rotherham and Coventry being two), most of it is a financial issue, which won't change off the back of the Championship resuming.

Championship clubs have been given the option of paying for their testing as they go along this season or to have it taken out of their next solidarity payment next season.

Tranmere moaning about going down by 0.4 of a point, didn't we miss out on promotion by a similar amount in the goal average days?
Teams on level points are relegated on goal difference not much difference.
Unless the efl say Tranmere play the winner of the league two playoffs then they're just going to have to take it on the chin, as harsh as the decision is.
Sport is meant to be about winners and losers but money seems to be the big motivator these days.

I'm a little bit uncomfortable with Tranmere effectively coming up with a system to save themselves at another clubs expense. I understand why they've done it, and I have symapthy for them given the circumstances of a possible relegation but making the numbers fit isn't the way to go about it.

I understand that there will be a margin for error, but why've they chosen a 3 year period to base it on? Why not 5? 8? 10? I've not had a proper look at how it all works but if that margin for error calculation saves them over a majority of those seasons then that strengthens their case but as it stands, it looks very much like just fitting the numbers to suit.

Last edited:
I'm a little bit uncomfortable with Tranmere effectively coming up with a system to save themselves and another clubs expense. I understand why they've done it, and I have symapthy for them given the circumstances of a possible relegation but making the numbers fit isn't the way to go about it.

I understand that there will be a margin for error, but why've they chosen a 3 year period to base it on? Why not 5? 8? 10? I've not had a proper look at how it all works but if that margin for error calculation saves them over a majority of those seasons then that strengthens their case but as it stands, it looks very much like just fitting the numbers to suit.

They’ve chosen it because it fits their specific set of circumstances, in this case (like us) three years of outstanding results.

I like Tranmere but this reeks of self-preservation. Surely a solution can’t come from a source with a beneficial interest in the outcome?

They’ve chosen it because it fits their specific set of circumstances, in this case (like us) three years of outstanding results.

I like Tranmere but this reeks of self-preservation. Surely a solution can’t come from a source with a beneficial interest in the outcome?
So they're benchmark is how well they've done over 3 seasons rather than points for safety in L1 over the same period? As I say, I've not read their proposal too deeply.

Never heard owt so stupid!
Talk sport think we should restart even though we aren't even training, morons!

Talksport I believe is owned by the Sun rag, say no more!!!!
They're big fans of the Peterborough hierarchy too, funny they're backing a restart isn't it?
Why have a go at league one? Why not spfl? League two? The national league?
Our manager, board and ceo have all said it's impractical to restart and the fact one of the teams who wanted to restart has released players in the form of Ipswich speaks volumes .

Tranmere moaning about going down by 0.4 of a point, didn't we miss out on promotion by a similar amount in the goal average days?
Teams on level points are relegated on goal difference not much difference.
Unless the efl say Tranmere play the winner of the league two playoffs then they're just going to have to take it on the chin, as harsh as the decision is.
Sport is meant to be about winners and losers but money seems to be the big motivator these days.
0.038377 of a goal!

They're big fans of the Peterborough hierarchy too, funny they're backing a restart isn't it?
Why have a go at league one? Why not spfl? League two? The national league?
Our manager, board and ceo have all said it's impractical to restart and the fact one of the teams who wanted to restart has released players in the form of Ipswich speaks volumes .
Durham is a Peterborough fan, and right up MacAnthonys arse. I've grown very tired of the Talksport PL fascination anyway, to the point where Absolute 80s is now my to/from work station.
I remember the FL show on there years ago, they can't even give the 3 or 4 hours once a week for that any more. Wankers.

Durham is a Peterborough fan, and right up MacAnthonys arse. I've grown very tired of the Talksport PL fascination anyway, to the point where Absolute 80s is now my to/from work station.
I remember the FL show on there years ago, they can't even give the 3 or 4 hours once a week for that any more. Wankers.
I don't know if that PL legend Cundy is still on there but when he used to be forced to mention football outside of the top flight it was usually prefaced with something about how little he knew about irrelevant levels of football. He would then invariably go onto prove indeed just how little he knew about football outside not only the top flight but the top four full stop. After a few shows featuring his non entity of a career and mentioning every 30 seconds that Chelsea are the only team that matters and everybody else are crap I got the message and dropped the program. It was marginally more entertaining listening to BBC R5 doing a 3 hour in depth article on the social benefits and female empowerment brought about by ladies' knitting circles in Kabul.*

*Satire Disclaimer - I don't know if the BBC have actually done an article on the social benefits and female empowerment brought about by ladies' knitting circles in Kabul..... but on reflection they probably have.