EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 39 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

So Tranmere think the last couple of seasons where they managed to go up twice should be taken into consideration for a PPG

Any solution is unsatisfactory but over complicating it is a nonsense especially when the proposal comes from a team very likely to benefit from it.

Keep it simple!!!!!!

I assume they mean wavered and not waivered in the fifth paragraph. And 'favor' in the next paragraph must mean it was written by an American.

Christ!, next we'll have all those ex premiershit clubs slumming it with us in Div 1 saying that they are entitled to go up!.

Last edited:
Christ!, next we'll have all those ex premiershit clubs slumming it with us in Div 1 saying that they are entitled to go up!.

You've made me reconsider this as I'm sure there's a way with this formula, as it's somehow based on the last three seasons that Sunderland will end up in League 2. That would be a giggle

I assume they mean wavered and not waivered in the fifth paragraph. And 'favor' in the next paragraph must mean it was written by an American.
They are owned by a gang involving Billy Bean, so American involvement is pretty likely.

On the Tranmere thing, I'm taking a wild guess that his +/- statistical error puts them safe.
I like this from the Twitter replies

AspiesLife

@AspiesL

·
1h

Replying to
@TranmereRovers
and
@EFL
A reasoned proposal, but even as a life time Rovers fan my thought is drawn to the data set that makes up the statistical average. Is it 3 years because over 2,4,5,6 etc that still relegates us. I hope not because then it undermines the ethos of the proposal.

So Tranmere think the last couple of seasons where they managed to go up twice should be taken into consideration for a PPG

Any solution is unsatisfactory but over complicating it is a nonsense especially when the proposal comes from a team very likely to benefit from it.

Keep it simple!!!!!!
I think their 2 promotions offset their 2 prior relegations!?

Oh dear, Palios had been talking so much sense recently and then he had to go and ruin it with self interest. I wonder how many mathematicians they had to consult before they came up with a formula that kept them safe but still allowed relegation for some. Probably explains the late submission to The EFL. Such craven self regard really doesn't reflect well on them.

There also was a good bit of "American Management speak " in there :

"Barnsley FC have fought against the grain to implement a system focused on organizational longevity,alongside aggressive competiveness "

What does that mean exactly ?

Oh dear, Palios had been talking so much sense recently and then he had to go and ruin it with self interest. I wonder how many mathematicians they had to consult before they came up with a formula that kept them safe but still allowed relegation for some. Probably explains the late submission to The EFL. Such craven self regard really doesn't reflect well on them.

Totally agree, Palios has ruined his credibility , which was immense, in one foul swoop, with the self interest proposal. It is the sort of proposal I would expect from a Walliams and Lucas sketch if they were parodying this situation...

Last edited:
Totally agree, Palios has ruined his credibility , which was immense, in one foul swoop, with the self interest proposal. It is the sort of proposal I would expect from a Williams and Lucas sketch if they were parodying this situation...

There will be a press conference from the usually anonymous members of the EFL and we'll find out that they are indeed Lou and Andy having made a decision on how to conclude the season based on 'Don't like that one'

Or one could say that Tranmere fluked two successive promotions via play-offs they did not deserve to win (which is actually true): therefore, relegate them straight back to the National League. That is just as ludicrous as their suggestion.

Simple fact is, Tranmere were promoted last season on the back of Norwood's goals only, and were never going to be anywhere near good enough for League One.

The Stevenage chairman has been coming out with all kinds of garbage too.

Or one could say that Tranmere fluked two successive promotions via play-offs they did not deserve to win (which is actually true): therefore, relegate them straight back to the National League. That is just as ludicrous as their suggestion.

Simple fact is, Tranmere were promoted last season on the back of Norwood's goals only, and were never going to be anywhere near good enough for League One.

The Stevenage chairman has been coming out with all kinds of garbage too.
It's also noticeable that the formula allows for extending the number of play off teams. I'm sure they weren't thinking of attracting votes from the likes of Sunderland to get this over the line when they drew it up.

The problem is everyone with the exception of Port Vale and one or two others are looking after their own self interest, look what is happening in Scotland where in the SPL Hearts were relegated to the Championship but they have now suggested that there should be 3 divisions of 14 teams so they can then keep their place in the SPL unbelievable.

The problem is everyone with the exception of Port Vale and one or two others are looking after their own self interest, look what is happening in Scotland where in the SPL Hearts were relegated to the Championship but they have now suggested that there should be 3 divisions of 14 teams so they can then keep their place in the SPL unbelievable.
Which as per their nickname would make them Jammy Dodgers and really take the biscuit.