Conor Coady
Nathan Byrne ------- he must be our player of year
Bradley Dack
Ruben Neves
James Maddison
Billy Kee
Bobby Reid
Adebayo Akinfenwa

Interesting about Byrne. Not my player of the season though I do acknowledge he's had a good campaign. Surprised he's made that team as he's one of those who I don't think is good enough in that position (probably a better winger than Massey however and could take his spot) for the Championship next season.

As for Dack he's a decent player and probably the right decision. In fact he was decent two seasons ago so surprising he isn't playing in a higher league already.

Regardless of what division we are in we will want to keep our best players and add extra quality, there is very little chance Cook and Sharpe (or whoever is chairman) at the time wont do their best to try and strengthen the squad and tie down our key men with a year to go to new deals.

I don't think anyone significant is out of contract except Walton going back to Brighton, who i'm certain we'll try and bring back and Elder who I suspect we wont. So if we do sell it should be on our terms and for a lot of money.

Personally i feel a lot of our players have really developed and improved this season under Cook and if they got another crack at the championship they would fare better. So while it's obvious some players will be more likely to make the step up than others, I wouldn't completely write off the future prospects of anyone just yet. I bet no one at Sheff U thought Leon Clarke would would do anything at Champ level after how he did for us at L1 level yet he's been a huge player for them. Different system, different manager, different team mates, different time can all make a big difference.

I bet no one at Sheff U thought Leon Clarke would would do anything at Champ level after how he did for us at L1 level yet he's been a huge player for them. .

He played for us in the Championship - Malky Mackay's got him on loan from Wolves.

He played for us in the Championship - Malky Mackay's got him on loan from Wolves.

That was my point i meant for us in champ not L1.He was so rotten for us at champ level last time that his strong performance this season is something no one would've predicted.

Failing at a level once doesn't always mean the player will fail again if they are in a different side with different coach. Hopefully ours will do better this time.