EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW | Page 11 | Vital Football

EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW

Our pens were brilliant weren’t they! Even Jordan’s wasn’t bad seeing the view behind the goal, was an excellent save. Their two misses though were bad pens. I know it’s easy to say now, but I knew Delfounso was gonna miss the moment he did that shit stutter.

I say this truthfully, if we get a pen in the pizza cup, let Jones have it.

Our pens were brilliant weren’t they! Even Jordan’s wasn’t bad seeing the view behind the goal, was an excellent save. Their two misses though were bad pens. I know it’s easy to say now, but I knew Delfounso was gonna miss the moment he did that shit stutter.

I say this truthfully, if we get a pen in the pizza cup, let Jones have it.
Almost as bad as Rashford's in the Euro Final.

I thought it was a cracking game and to give bolton all that shit at the end after all their bollocks last 2 weeks was brilliant.
The best atmosphere at the DW for a while long may it continue.
You could see both teams had made plenty of changes with the lack of cohesion when either side passed the halfway line. But I thought with a bit more luck we could have sneaked it late on.
For me MOTM was between McClean and Watts. I wonder if Kell will be available to buy when his loan runs out?

I thought it was a cracking game and to give bolton all that shit at the end after all their bollocks last 2 weeks was brilliant.
The best atmosphere at the DW for a while long may it continue.
You could see both teams had made plenty of changes with the lack of cohesion when either side passed the halfway line. But I thought with a bit more luck we could have sneaked it late on.
For me MOTM was between McClean and Watts. I wonder if Kell will be available to buy when his loan runs out?
Don't think so kell is a future Newcastle star

Something happened last night that I never thought would ever happen. I was won over by Jamie Jones! What a boy!

Out of interest, who did folk think were MOTM for us in what was a low quality game? I thought Gavin Massey played really well, especially considering he got shunted to RB after the Darikwa sub. Kell Watts as well impressed me and whenever McClean got on the ball in space he was a threat.

Thought the inbreds played some good football in the first half and were defensively solid throughout. George Johnston looked top drawer for them. We dropped a proper bollock not signing him as his sale down the line will pay off their debts.

I thought Massey was really poor as was Edwards. To be fair they weren't getting the ball on the deck much to show their best but both didn't do much when they did have the ball either.

Think everyone worked hard and battled but none of the starters really shone that much IMO. But I'd have gone with Darikwa as the pick for MOTM in 90 mins.

I was expecting to be impressed with Sheean, Dapo and maybe Kachunga from Bolton from what I've heard about them but i was completely underwhelmed. I think their method of play was quite good but don't think anyone individually stood out for them, except maybe Batiste at centre back. I personally would've put more effort into keeping Johnston here at the start of the summer but i don't think he did anything last night that made me think we really dropped a clanger letting him go. He's a decent L1 defender but I don't think he's a patch on Whatmough and probably no better than Watts.

Lang looked a cut above everyone on the pitch when he came on late and Asgaard also looked very good.

Last 10 mins when we stopped going long as much I thought Power started to really impose himself but he was restricted to just battling until then. So if he had more time playing like that i'd probably have gone for Max for MOTM but it wasn't long enough.

It probably depends on how well he does over the season. If he rips up trees then probably not but if he's average then he probably will be.

I think he is highly regarded by Newcastle and their fans and after a decent pre season some of their fans were surprised he was loaned out. So I think there is little chance that he would be available for us to buy.

Bolton play Burton I'm going to watch this one tonight
Here is hoping Burton tear these 2hats apart
Come on Burton
But probably not as exciting than Warrington beating the scum yesterday

Bolton play Burton I'm going to watch this one tonight
Here is hoping Burton tear these 2hats apart
Come on Burton
But probably not as exciting than Warrington beating the scum yesterday

I think Bolton will be up for this one, given today's announcement about them having paid off all creditors from their time in administration. Out from under a shadow and looking forward to the future. We know what a lift that can provide.

I think Bolton will be up for this one, given today's announcement about them having paid off all creditors from their time in administration. Out from under a shadow and looking forward to the future. We know what a lift that can provide.
Happily no bounce 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Took them long enough pay off their debts
But what i watched tonight were to very and i mean very poor sides awfull to watch

Bolton were definitely the better side, Burton looked set to play for a point. However, Bolton were toothless, but considering they were scoring and leaking goals earlier in the season. Keeping the ball out their net is some sort of improvement.