EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW | Page 9 | Vital Football

EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW

Another win on pens... speaks well to the confidence in the camp. Power was out of position far too often tonight, and three wide players behind the striker didn't work. Had the better of the game, but didn't look like a combination with real teeth in terms of getting goals.

Nice to knock Horwich out, but ultimately it's a worthless cup game and I dont really care that much. League has to be the priority this season, so cup games are basically a pain in the arse that we can do without. Still, we're in the draw for the next round. Let's hope it's a big club that'll generate a big crowd and put some more money in the coffers.

My favourite bit was this:

"Interesting that Wigan have gone into a huddle before the penalties but Bolton are spread out having drinks. There's probably no right way of doing these things. Not sure which is best but i'm just saying what I'm seeing with my eyes."

Truly insightful.

Another win on pens... speaks well to the confidence in the camp. Power was out of position far too often tonight, and three wide players behind the striker didn't work. Had the better of the game, but didn't look like a combination with real teeth in terms of getting goals.

Nice to knock Horwich out, but ultimately it's a worthless cup game and I dont really care that much. League has to be the priority this season, so cup games are basically a pain in the arse that we can do without. Still, we're in the draw for the next round. Let's hope it's a big club that'll generate a big crowd and put some more money in the coffers.
The game was costly in terms of yellow cards, certain players are getting them regularly

My favourite bit was this:

"Interesting that Wigan have gone into a huddle before the penalties but Bolton are spread out having drinks. There's probably no right way of doing these things. Not sure which is best but i'm just saying what I'm seeing with my eyes."

Truly insightful.
He had trouble with opinions, apart from that about the colour of Gilks' kit

Agree but a cup run can help confidence. Give squad players match time. Be used to try out formation. Be used to experiment with players out of position and give fans more games to go to and feel good about.

Exciting game because of the atmosphere but not a lot of football played ….that Bolton winger needs to see a Doctor, poor lad has serious issues with his balance …he goes down like ‘ready cash’

Disappointed with Gav Massey and Edwards tonight, didn't think they imposed themselves on the game enough ….Humphrys too often ploughing a lone furrow …..would like a big club home or away next …..really hope to beat Portsmouth on Saturday….that’s the key game this week

Thought the youth and Fringe lads did quite well, we were by far the better team and had many opportunities to score, taking them is probably our only weakness at the moment. Bolton didn't even have a short in target until like the 75th minute I believe..

Nice to see some top penalty takers at the club though, Jones 😎

Exciting game because of the atmosphere but not a lot of football played ….that Bolton winger needs to see a Doctor, poor lad has serious issues with his balance …he goes down like ‘ready cash’

Disappointed with Gav Massey and Edwards tonight, didn't think they imposed themselves on the game enough ….Humphrys too often ploughing a lone furrow …..would like a big club home or away next …..really hope to beat Portsmouth on Saturday….that’s the key game this week

Did we deserve to win, or was a draw the correct result during the 90+ minutes?

Cracking atmosphere tonight...from the walk to the stadium, onto the concourse, then into a packed east stand....both sets of fans played their part in creating a good atmosphere. First half thot Bolton just shaded it but 2nd half was ours....shame we couldn't have seen them off in normal time but nerve jangling penalties win was sweet all the same. As the song went for a good 10 mins after the penalties win....."Bolton get battered everywhere they go, everywhere they go".......onwards to a decent draw in the next round.

Cracking atmosphere tonight...from the walk to the stadium, onto the concourse, then into a packed east stand....both sets of fans played their part in creating a good atmosphere. First half thot Bolton just shaded it but 2nd half was ours....shame we couldn't have seen them off in normal time but nerve jangling penalties win was sweet all the same. As the song went for a good 10 mins after the penalties win....."Bolton get battered everywhere they go, everywhere they go".......onwards to a decent draw in the next round.
The atmosphere during the game was good, but I thought prior to the game, it was a little bit spikey, I didn't enjoy the walk from Car Park 4 at all, knowing there was a large noblot posse a short distance behind me.

Was that Delfouneso (who missed the decisive kick in the shoot out)?
He gave Pearce a good going over tonight, that said, Pearce didn't look fit at all, miles off the pace.

Thought the board would be rammed tonight.
We've just knocked Bolton out of a competition with an experimental line up.
Come on that's fantastic no matter which way we did it.
Weird the only constant is one up top.
One up top with three strikers behind him then tonight one up top with three wingers behind the striker.
What can we expect on Saturday other than one up top?
Three points is what we expect now every week.

I know there's no love lost between us but watching around 4 flares thrown from the Bolton end and see one hit a 12 year old lad in tears was a low point. Banter is one thing. Throwing missiles at innocent people is another. Can't think of a more cowardly act

Was not to happy with the team selection and we made many mistakes poor passes yet still were the better team Poor finishing again and needs working on in training for whoever plays But delighted with the end result which we fully deserved Also well done to the club for keeping Bolton fans behind at the final whistle. We have never to my knowledge ever done that before resulting in problems, especially at that bridge. 😄😀😎

The atmosphere during the game was good, but I thought prior to the game, it was a little bit spikey, I didn't enjoy the walk from Car Park 4 at all, knowing there was a large noblot posse a short distance behind me.

Did have a bit of an edge towards it.....even in the East stand concourse u could tell there was some people on who aren't normally there at matchdays. I'm sure there were probably a few 'visitor' fans, possibly Utd / City / Liverpool as they didn't have games on & at only £15 a tkt prob came along for the crack!!!!!

Thought the board would be rammed tonight.
We've just knocked Bolton out of a competition with an experimental line up.
Come on that's fantastic no matter which way we did it.
Weird the only constant is one up top.
One up top with three strikers behind him then tonight one up top with three wingers behind the striker.
What can we expect on Saturday other than one up top?
Three points is what we expect now every week.
To be fair, the game itself was quite poor, if I'm being honest.
Our passing wasn't at its best tonight, and Noblot got men behind the ball.
It seemed destined to go to penalties from fairly early on.

I know there's no love lost between us but watching around 4 flares thrown from the Bolton end and see one hit a 12 year old lad in tears was a low point. Banter is one thing. Throwing missiles at innocent people is another. Can't think of a more cowardly act
Absolute scum.
They were up for aggro tonight, you could tell that by the atmosphere prior to the game.
They also nearly decapitated one of their own too with a section of advertising board 🤦‍♂️