EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW | Page 8 | Vital Football

EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW

How do you know this mate,as the club, probably following instructions from the police would've made sure that wasn't possible??I was told by a few fans that were trying to get tickets that if the site doesn't recognise your email address,it will say error and not let you purchase tickets.So perhaps whoever told you,their email address was recognised.
I know of lots of tics fans on twitter that have tried to get tickets online and couldn't because of the restrictions.So fellow fans that have been this season have been getting them on their behalf.

I looked at the sold seats in the east and west stands just before 12 and it looks like there's 6.5k to 7K in the home ends at a rough estimate.

Looking forward to the game, should be a cracking atmosphere and I hope we put a strong side out!

Come on tics!

I know that there was no control on who bought tickets online, as my brother in law who has never been to a latics game EVER as he is a leeds fan, as bought a tickets for himself and his son to go to the game. He lives in Wigan and his son has never been to a football match before and supports Wigan (which frustrates his dad), however - the fact that he could buy a ticket, with not buying a season ticket or a match ticket this seasons - shows there was no restrictions in place.

I waited until tickets stopped being sold to post this.

I know that there was no control on who bought tickets online, as my brother in law who has never been to a latics game EVER as he is a leeds fan, as bought a tickets for himself and his son to go to the game. He lives in Wigan and his son has never been to a football match before and supports Wigan (which frustrates his dad), however - the fact that he could buy a ticket, with not buying a season ticket or a match ticket this seasons - shows there was no restrictions in place.

Did your brother-in-law buy before last Thursday as the restrictions were only applied once Bolton had sold out.

As well as Arthurs question,maybe he has purchased some tics merchandise for his son or watched a game on Latics tv in the past by using the same email address he used to buy the Bolton tickets and it worked as it was recognised by the club.
You did the sensible thing though in only posting your message after the 12pm deadline in case Bolton fans saw it.

That's because restrictions only came in after Bolton sold out their allocation. Up until late last week, any Tom Dick and Harry were free to get a ticket.

Looking well too far ahead, but it would be very interesting to see what the club would do IF we were to win tonight and IF we were to draw say Man Utd/Liverpool at home in the next round. All of sudden thousands of "Latics fans" who haven't been within a mile of the DW since City in the FA Cup will be after a ticket, but not registered on the database anymore. Does the club continue the same rule regarding having to have bought a ticket this season, or just throw them on general sale as a free for all, which will lead to masses of Man Utd/Liverpool in the home end?

Personally if it was to happen, I'd do this system again and make it clear that anyone who buys a ticket (and uses/scans it at the ground) for the home games against Portsmouth or Doncaster will be eligible for a cup ticket. That way we should get a huge attendance boost for those league matches from the plastic fans only turning up to sort their ticket for the big boys.

Last edited:
You seem a decent guy Warren & write some level headed stuff and I hope you can play Preston next season...... But in league one lol and we can play Blackburn in the Championship😊

Nice one facup, very droll 😉. I’m for all the local clubs rather than have outsiders creeping in and love the local banter. We’re all fans of and proud of our clubs and that’s just as it should be. Of course there are a few who take things to extremes but the majority of us, whilst wanting our teams to win, can also appreciate good football if we don’t. Anyway, you’ll have plenty of time to concentrate on the league after tonight. 👍🤓

Christ that team is grim, no Wyke or Cousins even on the bench. They’re gonna do us aren’t they…on our own patch as well! :sick:

Christ that team is grim, no Wyke or Cousins even on the bench. They’re gonna do us aren’t they…on our own patch as well! :sick:
I think totally the opposite. There's only young Smith who might be realistically termed as a fringe player. All the rest are seasoned pros who might start league games.

Just a match to give players a chance of a game.
Defence has a midfielder Power at right back then a right back at left back then a left back in central defence.
Three in attacking mid are all wingers of a sort.
A classic Cookism.
A right mix up that could cost us.

Just a match to give players a chance of a game.
Defence has a midfield Power at right back then a right back at left back then a left back in central defence.
Three in attacking mid are all wingers of a sort.
A right mix up that could cost us.

No it doesn't (re your first sentence).

Jones;
Darikwa, Naylor, Watts, Pearce;
Power, Smith;
Massey, Edwards, McClean;
Humphrys
Subs: Amos, Carragher, Robinson, Lloyd, Jones, Aasgaard, Lang

Long still can't play? Pretty sure Carragher played for the U-23s yesterday. Ignoring that, the lineup was sort of expected (Edwards over Aasgaard is a bit of a surprise but you gotta give playtime to everyone I guess...)

Sofascore had missed that Kieran Lee's shot had been saved so I was bummed for a second, thought they had won 4-5 hahaha

I reckon someone will post their scores but from the updates it seemed like yet another wasteful match on front of goal with a shit ref.

The so called football expert sharing the commentary may have known about football (or at least his preferred style) but he knew nothing about many of the Wigan players (knew about those who had played for other EFL teams) and knew nothing about our current tactics, which were clearly at odds with his methods.

Get in. Bolton couldn't get to 5 cos they counted it on their hand and got confused becausr of the extra finger.
Need to be scoring goals in the ninety but penalties rubs it in more.